BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
901 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
K so I need to get 4 wheels with tyres picked up and am looking at using this company so has anyone here used them before and can you tell me what the requirements are (packaging) and if the £27.99p price quoted on thier website is actually for 4 alloys ? Also on the booking form where it says how many parcels does that mean 1 = 4 alloys+tyres ? or is it 2 x 2 alloys+tyres = 2 parcels ? I just don't want them getting to Charleys and then them contacting me saying I have booked it wrong lol Any help would be appreciated thanks :thumbsup

·
Banned
1,871 Posts
If you search you'll see a few threads on them. Very good and VFM is the view and one I agree with having used them for wheels myself. They used to charge about £30 for four wheels and the ones I receved were individually boxed. I suspect much more than one per box wil exceed the Health and Safety stuff for manal handling so I'd go individual...

·
Registered
46 Posts
I've used them with no problems, I packaged my wheels up in boxes, labelled them to the senders address, they come collect and they delivered the next day!

·
Registered
901 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've used them with no problems, I packaged my wheels up in boxes, labelled them to the senders address, they come collect and they delivered the next day!
k so did you actually make the booking ? I'm just trying to find out if each wheels is in its own box then does that mean it's 4 parcels ? and if so does that mean it's 4 x £27.99p ? I know it probably doesn't but I need to be sure before I book anything. I'm kinda thinking it's 1 price of £27.99p even if it's 4 parcels but I don't want to choose 4 and then end up with an invoice for 4 x the ammount lol

If you search you'll see a few threads on them. Very good and VFM is the view and one I agree with having used them for wheels myself. They used to charge about £30 for four wheels and the ones I receved were individually boxed. I suspect much more than one per box wil exceed the Health and Safety stuff for manal handling so I'd go individual...
whats VFM m8 ?

·
Registered
17 Posts
DONT!!

They lied and said they had tried picking up the wheels on 3 occasions, but they guy was in the whole time and they never arrived. They then picked them up, and didnt deliver. Had to get them collected again by another courier which in the end they arrived damaged.

The guy was incredibly rude and sent me a text with my home address and "here we come" threatening eh? Only after a telling off by a cop did they stop harrasing me.

·
Registered
901 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok I think you're right neal I never think about ringing up anyone ever nowadays not since the interwebs came about. Cheers m8 I'm going to wait till Charley comes online and notices this thread so he can tell me how the wheels are packed and then I'll take it from there :thumbsup Thanks for the info guys and to anyone else reading this please keep the storys.experiences coming thank you.

·
Registered
46 Posts
k so did you actually make the booking ? I'm just trying to find out if each wheels is in its own box then does that mean it's 4 parcels ? and if so does that mean it's 4 x £27.99p ? I know it probably doesn't but I need to be sure before I book anything. I'm kinda thinking it's 1 price of £27.99p even if it's 4 parcels but I don't want to choose 4 and then end up with an invoice for 4 x the ammount lol
No if you go on their site and make a booking to send wheels for example 18" wheels, it says "18" Alloys (Set of 4/Excludes 4x4s)" meaning a "set of 4 wheels". You package each wheel individually but its counted as one overall package. You don't pay £28 for each wheel!!!

·
Registered
901 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thats what through me cos they're 17" and it doesn't say 17" x 4 on the site like it does for 18"

cheers m8 :thumbsup

·
Registered
6,989 Posts
A few links to other threads that the same question was asked in...:thumbsup

http://www.bimmerforums.co.uk/forum/f22/best-way-of-listing-my-e36-e46-20-t49832/

http://www.bimmerforums.co.uk/forum/f22/has-anyone-used-this-couriers-before-t47707/

http://www.bimmerforums.co.uk/forum/f22/need-to-collect-car-seats-which-courier-is-t46703/

I have used them several times and never been dissapointed.... I had a complete exhaust for my E30 delivered all bundled up together, weighed about 20kg., and was quite bulky too...:thumbsup

·
Registered
901 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks guys I think I will go with paisley then, after all only one person has said anything bad about them and I'm thinking this was ages ago before they used city link and other major players out there so cheers anyway dude/s. :thumbsup Roll on one day next week when I get my new wheels :D :hihi

1 - 12 of 12 Posts