BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

Paint Protection for new X1 MSport

807 views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  F07 AMG 
#1 ·
Hi,

New to the forums and just wanting a bit of advice please. I have on order a new X1 MSport in mineral grey from the dealers and was having some thoughts about paint protection.

When I bought my current Golf GTD, I got the usual dealers Autoglym but, was a bit disappointed at how in my view it made the paint look a bit dull and offered very little in the way of swirl protection.

This time I would like to get a coating that will last, great deep finish, but not require a lot of maintenance and looking around have found two coatings Kamikaze Collection ENREI, and GTechniq CS Black that seem to offer what I am looking for.

Has anyone had these applied, I am just wondering what peoples thoughts are on the protection they get with either product with BMW paintwork? I would love to see any pictures if you have them?

#3 ·
Hello,
I know its individual choice; but i was converted to angelwax. 6 month protection, a weekly hand wash thereafter though i was lazy and always went out to 2 or sometime 3 weeks and a quick 15 minute polish with enigma QED detail spray.

Apologies for the Audi pic on a BMW site; I have an A5 and purchased a 4 series last week. The BM is getting sealed next week.
The Audi is 10 Years old and the paint work still looks good for its age with the angel products.

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Audi Alloy wheel

#4 ·
Have you thought of getting a ceramic coating done? Costs a few 100 quid but last for up to 4 years. No marring, swirl marks, hedge marks and protects against stone chips to some degree. Water is repelled faster than rain on a ducks back. Not had it done personally yet but I am going to soon. Someone at work has had his Ford Ranger coated when he bought it new in may last year, has only ever used a hose pipe to clean it! No sponging at all he claims. Looks same as showroom all the time. Something like this....Ceramic Coating For Cars - Ceramic Pro Americas

#6 ·
Ceramic is good, this test probably not advised by the other half, but you would get a similar comparison to what you'd get via ceramic if you were to pour muddy water down the inside of your bath, it just runs off. a mate from work took his truck off roading yesterday, nothing stuck to it! Just Rinsed with a hose and was back to a shine. Ceramic puts a top coat over the the paintwork so it does give protection. There is a cheaper option, Swiss wax, similar thing but cheaper, about £120 to have done, its upto you really

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.