BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Right now I feel like ripping someones head off.

I've only had my BMW since Mid December and this morning some idiot in a Dustbin lorry ran into it whilst going round the cornerfrom my house.
The Carwas parked in itsusual spot where i have parked forthe last 8 years.

Basically theRear Nearside Quarter panel and bumper has been trashed as the back end of the lorry swung round. The car has also been pushed sideways ramming the offside rear wheel into the kerb as well.

I was at work when it happened and got the phone call from the Wife.
Fortunately the Driver of the lorry has admitted liability so no cost to me.
I had to bite my tongue as well as he spoke to me on the phone to apologise.

Spoken to ins. company and theyre dealing with it as i type.
Just got to wait now to get it taken to repairers etc.

Worse still is that although i get a free curtisy car it'll probably turn out to be some naff little girlie shopping car.

Well rant over.
gonna take some piccys of damage. just in case.

Will keep you guys informed as things progress.

Grrrrrrrrrrr. W**k*r :mad:mad:mad:mad

·
Banned
478 Posts
hey, i dont live too far away from you, i'll come over with a crowbar and we'll do em in!!:punch :rofl:rofl

am sorry to hear about that! words cant describe the anger you must be feeling towards them, and i bet the arrogant council wont do you any favours either! accidents happen, but i swear binmen drive 5 mph tops!!:eek, no excuse at all!:mad

·
Registered
11 Posts
Sorry to hear about you misfortune Midlander. Hope you get it sorted :thumbsup. But be prepared for those dreaded words 'write off' if the repair is deemed to be in excess of 60% of the car value :frown

·
Registered
124 Posts
Gutted, sorry to hear that mate - just be thankful the dustbin man admitted to it. My Dad's landrover was parked on the road for the first time in a couple of years in 2003 when a yellow dustbin cart drove down and swiped all the way down one side of it... then the driver denied he'd done it despite 2 neighbours seeing it happen and yellow paint scratches and dents down 4 seperate body panels....!!!! Cowboys.

They paid up in the end thankfully!

·
Administrator
4,211 Posts
Bad luck fella. I agree with Neal, sounds like it might be a total loss... Sorry.

Know how you are feeling, I am currently trying to find a replacement for my 328 as I was hit by a double decker bus... It sucks, big time. What annoys me is that I/we are suffering due to someone elses lack of care and it won't affect them in the slightest.

Good luck with it all!

Ian

·
Platinum BFuk Member
105 Posts
Sorry to hear about that Midlander, last time i was involved in an accident was when a van driver went into the back of my volvo estate, i got a ford ka as a courtsey car. To make matters worse it was over the christmas holidays and both my kids needed pushchairs at the time. Sardine tin springs to mind.

Hope you get it sorted soon :)

·
Registered
49 Posts
Call BMW Accident Management, they will deal with the case as its not your fault.
Best thing is you end up with a decent courtesy car (fresh 320d), fix up your car through BMW.
:thumbsup

·
Bimmerforums Central
8,030 Posts
Sorry to hear this mate :frown

Hope you get it sorted to your satistaction at the very least.

There is one good thing about it though....at least he didnt drive off as some lowlifes would do :) and accepted liability as well.... not that he could really avoid it with a parked car!

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
Hard luck!! never nice to have the pick up the pieces and liase with the insurers, but count yourself lucky, i) the driver stopped ii) admitted liability right away!!!

Best of luck with the insurance and try to look forward to perhaps a new car purchase in the nearing future!

·
Registered
753 Posts
Sorry to hear about that :frown accidents suck big time especially when its not your fault. If you dont want a crappy courtesy car give these guys a call http://www.wheelsatonce.com/ i did last month when mine got wrote off. As the accident is not your fault they will go through the others parties insurance and they give you a like for like hire car where applicable.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Update

Spoken to all parties concerned, Car is being picked up tommorrow morning to go to Body Shop.

Hire Car all sorted, being delivered tommorrow morning...BMW 320d M Sport :thumbsup

Looks like i'll have it for a couple o weeks minimum as they rekon it'll be at least 5 days before the assesor chappy even looks at mine.

Took a few photos of the damage...cos i know you're all dying to have a gleg at the dents etc. LOL

View attachment 1776

View attachment 1777

View attachment 1778

View attachment 1779

·
Platinum BFuk Member
356 Posts
I had two claims last year, both none fault - one I wasn't even inthe car - I had different insurance companies with each but both managed the repairs and courtesy car (hire car paid for by 3rd party) through a company called drive assist - they try to give you like for like or a vehicle in the same class so you wont go from an estate to a ford ka.

Have your insurance company not got an accident management comapny to sort you out?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I had two claims last year, both none fault - one I wasn't even inthe car - I had different insurance companies with each but both managed the repairs and courtesy car (hire car paid for by 3rd party) through a company called drive assist - they try to give you like for like or a vehicle in the same class so you wont go from an estate to a ford ka.

Have your insurance company not got an accident management comapny to sort you out?
Yes Mate, All sorted...none o this is costin me a bean.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts