BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
E92 330dSE M57 Auto
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Gents,

just bought a 330D Coupe 2006 M57 Engine done 81k miles and I've got the DPF light on now it only comes on after about 5 miles of driving I do around 45 miles a day to and from work on the motorway. I've used a code reader and the fault isn't storing in the cars ECU I've plugged it in while its still running with the light on and it picks up the error code P14A7. is it worth me trying STP DPF Cleaner and what would be the best way to Regen I've heard different things some say 4th gear 3000 revs which means doing 80 others have said 70 and 2500 revs.

Please Help me :confused:

·
Registered
803 Posts
The best way to trigger a regen is to ensure firstly the parameters are met. You must have at least a quarter of a tank of fuel and also the engine must reach its operating temp. It’s common that the thermostats fail causing cold running so you need to check it’s getting to at least 80 and maintaining it or better. Next ensure there are no other dpf or glow plug faults showing and if they are clear them and if necessary keep doing it until the regen kicks in. The best speed to trigger a regen as not as people think hammering it. Just keep a constant 60 mph on a light constant throttle in a high gear. This should kick the regen in assuming all other parameters are met. You should be able to see the exhaust temps increase massively when it kicks in.
Cheers
Jim

·
Registered
E92 330dSE M57 Auto
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Jim,

I tried this last night the Coolant only got up to 80 by the time I’d got home, so I’m convinced it doesnt needa thermostat I will probably try it again tonight and see how I get on.
Will let you know how I get on

·
Registered
3,822 Posts
car needs to reach 88-95 + degrees ,,,it will still regen at 75+,,but if it aint getting to what ive said then either the main or egr and or both stats need changing,

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi Gents,

just bought a 330D Coupe 2006 M57 Engine done 81k miles and I've got the DPF light on now it only comes on after about 5 miles of driving I do around 45 miles a day to and from work on the motorway. I've used a code reader and the fault isn't storing in the cars ECU I've plugged it in while its still running with the light on and it picks up the error code P14A7. is it worth me trying STP DPF Cleaner and what would be the best way to Regen I've heard different things some say 4th gear 3000 revs which means doing 80 others have said 70 and 2500 revs.

Please Help me :confused:
My car's problem was a faulty pressure sensor. I add this because when I was investigating my regen issue nobody mentioned the pressure sensor. My sensor sits just before the dpf. Ended up a cheap and easy fix. You can check the sensor with Carly.
Hope this helps.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts