Votes: 17 63.0%
  • BMW 330d

Votes: 10 37.0%
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Opinion poll, 530d or 330d? They're about the same cost now-a-days... Got to love the credit crunch :)

·
Registered
220 Posts
Which E-models?

·
Registered
220 Posts
I'd have a 530d. They can be picked up for less than a 330d (because they came out a few years before).
Unfortunately, they don't fit in my garage so I got a 3-series E90, and I could afford a 330d, so I got a 320d instead !

·
Registered
210 Posts
I went 530d. Sorry but I reeaallly think bmw dropped the ball with the E90 saloon and estate styling.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Wow, polls have definitely shifted in the past few days. At first it was all 330's now it's a huge portion of 530's. Interesting...

·
Registered
884 Posts
If you can get an E92 3 series, I'd go with that. The E60 is a vomit-inducing thing.

How about a low mileage E39 530? Mmmmmmm.....

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
The price of E39 530d's is very strong.

IMO, the 5 series is generally a better quality of car and better spec'd more often than not compared to the 3 series. Also too many 3 series fall into the wrong hands and it can take a while to find a genuine car. Whereas the 5 series is bought someone who doesn't intend on thrashing a car and is likely to have lived a more relaxing life.

·
Registered
884 Posts
The price of E39 530d's is very strong.
No wonder. That's probably mainly because the E60 is such a heffalump. Personally, I'd fork out for the good E39. It's a lovely looking car.

It's like when the E65 7 series was unveiled, sales of the E38 went through the roof. The E65 is a minger, but the E38 is really handsome. Saw one tonight. I'd buy one if the circumstances were right, no problems.

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
The late 7 series have never grown on me and neither has the 6 or 3 series. However, whilst the current 5 series isn't a beauty, its grown on me enough. In standard trim they look like a sorry for themselves, but in Msport they look quite decent IMO.

·
Registered
884 Posts
The late 7 series have never grown on me and neither has the 6 or 3 series. However, whilst the current 5 series isn't a beauty, its grown on me enough. In standard trim they look like a sorry for themselves, but in Msport they look quite decent IMO.
Yeah, I will concede that the 5 series has grown on me a tad, but in general I still think it's ugly and, more to the point, an unworthy successor to the E39.

The one that's surprised me with how it's grown on me is the E92 coupe. I think it's a cracking looking car. I particularly like those big wide tail lights. Superb. The E92 M3... Mmmmmmmmmmm.....

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
Yeah, I will concede that the 5 series has grown on me a tad, but in general I still think it's ugly and, more to the point, an unworthy successor to the E39.

The one that's surprised me with how it's grown on me is the E92 coupe. I think it's a cracking looking car. I particularly like those big wide tail lights. Superb. The E92 M3... Mmmmmmmmmmm.....
I'd actually forgotten about the E92 models, they have a greater road presence and a flowing body line. Just don't see many about strangely, I thought the 335i/335d models would have sold like hot cakes just as the E46 330 models did.

·
Registered
884 Posts
I'd actually forgotten about the E92 models, they have a greater road presence and a flowing body line. Just don't see many about strangely, I thought the 335i/335d models would have sold like hot cakes just as the E46 330 models did.
Seriously? That's strange, they're all over the shop up here. I wonder why that is? They look superb in white. Having said that, they look great in black too.

I agree with you about the E90 though. Not great. I particularly dislike the metal 'eyebrows' on the kidney grills. Yuck!

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
Seriously? That's strange, they're all over the shop up here. I wonder why that is? They look superb in white. Having said that, they look great in black too.

I agree with you about the E90 though. Not great. I particularly dislike the metal 'eyebrows' on the kidney grills. Yuck!
Since they've been released (335 models), I've seen about 6 in total!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yeah, I totally agree with this as well

1 - 18 of 18 Posts