BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi guys/girls, I am still none the wiser or any nearer to finding the cause of my fault/faults, 2009 e92 320d
it all started with the abs etc light appearing and the icarsoft telling me I needed two rear sensors, this led to two new drive shafts/reluctor rings a new battery and a second hand key reader slot, now my problem is that when the sensors are plugged in the turbo actuator flips in and out and the key gets stuck in the key reader slot, also I must say that the boot was open when I had finished the work and as soon as I closed the boot to test drive the actuator started moving, this is when I discovered the key problem as well as the mpg gauge fluctuating, any thoughts would be much appreciated thank you.

·
Registered
3,654 Posts
Without the abs sensors plugged in it all works ok apart from the abs that is ????.
Where did you get the sensors from.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes that's right unplugged all works, I got them from ebay but to be fair I fitted them and used it and then the problems started, I think because the actuators were swollen they may of done the damage, I have to fit another set of rear sensors, I just had an idea they may of caused another problem? apart from oem any other good make, I didn't want to shed out loads of money to find they weren't the fault. Thanks for your thoughts and input just let me know.

·
Registered
3,654 Posts
Well plugged in fault not plugged in no fault.
Try Amazon for a sensor yes they do sell car parts and i got a rear abs sensor from them not long ago.
I say try them for the part as you can send them back easily if it doesn't fix the problem but i think it will.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you Alan, I have ordered a set to try tomorrow, just a bit strange that both showed up as at fault, I will let you know what happens, thanks for your thoughts.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts