BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My god, this feels like the first time I have actually sat down and rested, and done something different since the year started!

Started the year off by helping a company I work for move to a larger industrial unit, and constructing a mezzanine floor for offices and workshops inside. Then thought it would be a great idea to move house, about a mile across town, to a larger but cheaper house, which was a bonus!

I then went on a few "mini" club tours with JLS, which was interesting to say the least...a group that actually sing when on stage instead of miming!!

Following this by getting a Renault Clio dropped off that had snapped its Cam Belt, which I thought would turn out to be a nice easy repair, but oh how wrong I was!! I ended up replacing the entire Inlet and Exhaust valves, and having to realign everything due to the damage the owner had caused by attempting to turn the engine over around 10 times before thinking there was actually something wrong! Well, thats off the drive now, running well and heard nothing more.

I then thought I would have some R&R time on my JetSki, which I had laid up in winter storage. When I went to collect from my lockup, I discovered that the starter had seized over the winter months, so that then ended up in pieces on my workbench.

Alas, then it snowed, and snowed a little more, then froze and snowed a little more. So the JetSki R&R time was put on hold until the weather cleared up a little.

My garage was then graced with the presence of my girlfriends Seat Ibiza, which she, for some bizarre reason, she's curbed for the umpteinth time, and smashed the O/S/F spring. After a day of shouting, screaming and chipping the bark off of my fingers, arms and elbows it was replaced, and run in.

My garage floor is now currently clear for the first time this year, however, it is coming close to starting the final repairs and spraying of my police battered Vectra, so that I can finally get it back on the road for use!

So I shall say a little prayer tonight, that no more vehicles grace my drive or garage requiring repair and maintenance until I've had atleast 2 days of rest.

Oh, and this is all around working 9am - 5pm for companies suppling Sound, Lighting, Staging and Effects throughout the country keeping their stock in working order, and some nights away working on gigs to glorious places like Edinburgh and Thornhill (Scotland looks great covered in snow!!), Derbym Nottingham, London, Cardiff and Hull. Along with looking after my 3 year old daughter on a daily basis.

Oh such joys! I love it!! Honestly, I do, no sarcasm, no jokes, no bullshit!!

Reactions: xpress and Boostist

·
Banned
478 Posts
Thats a tight schedule you have there! WOW!... The question you really have to ask is, do you enjoy it? and its clear you do! What i mean is, i reckon you are the kid of person that likes to keep themselves busy, and i bet if you were sat down twiddling your thumbs, you'd be bored stiff. Good luck with all that! :thumbsup

·
Registered
77 Posts
my year has been pretty crap me and the girlfriend spent the first few days with gastritis now im getting made redundant, find out today for definite

going from £18000 a year to dole money wont be nice since ive worked since i was like 15 (im 22)

had to give up our flat as we cant afford it on her wage and our baby is due in 3 months :(

tbh ive had better starts to the year

·
Bimmerforums Central
8,030 Posts
my year has been pretty crap me and the girlfriend spent the first few days with gastritis now im getting made redundant, find out today for definite

going from £18000 a year to dole money wont be nice since ive worked since i was like 15 (im 22)

had to give up our flat as we cant afford it on her wage and our baby is due in 3 months :(

Sorry to hear this dude.

Its been a tough one for a lot of people so far I think. Me included :/

Oh well, keep positive, bigger and better things this year hopefully :)

stevieic - nice post :)

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thats a tight schedule you have there! WOW!... The question you really have to ask is, do you enjoy it? and its clear you do! What i mean is, i reckon you are the kid of person that likes to keep themselves busy, and i bet if you were sat down twiddling your thumbs, you'd be bored stiff. Good luck with all that! :thumbsup
Thanks for the feedback Mighty_5, yes I am one of those that prefers to be doing something rather than being sat around doing nothing. Keeping busy is a priority!

Really sorry to hear about that mate, I was in the same situation at the beginning of last year, but it really does all turn out good in the end. Keep your head up and soldier on!

I just thought I would let you all know why I haven't been on the site as of late, and whats been keeping me tied up recently. On another note, I received a phone call from my solicitor this morning regarding my Vectra accident, and the Police insurance company have put forward offers which are considerably higher than anyone was expecting, so I have agreed on the figures, and settled the claim for both myself and my daughter.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Better to be busy, than have a boring life.. I love being busy and its one thing im not at the moment, everything seems to have died down.

Swedge - things can only get better!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts