BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Platinum BFuk Member
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
there is a car parked outside for sale that id love as an extra toy.
the guy just lost his licence due to medical reasons.
its not a bmw but ive always liked them.
its a low mileage toyota mr2 (h reg).
new mot, new brakes, and the bodywork is lovely.
and its one of the rare t-bar convertibles.
2 litre engine 2 seater sport toy.
i couldnt use it everyday cos i need the extra seats cos of the kids but it would be just a weekend toy to tune up and play with.
errr is it too late to write to santa???

·
Platinum BFuk Member
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ask if he'll strike a swap deal involving unwanted christmas socks and sweaters?
ha ha, i doubt it but its worth a try, i wonder how much he will knock off for a top gear dvd and a stig soap on a rope!

·
Registered
388 Posts
We put hydraulic suspension on a TRD mr2 gt once, with a g-force meter (sort off, 4 sensors for measuring sideways and 4 for backward/forward load....can't remember what they're called) to automatically stiffen the right ram at the right time.
The owner was a race engineer who used all his own sensors and computer bits (obviously not his idea because they've been doing that in racing for donkeys) but he needed us to actually supply and fit the suspension and come up with some valves that would do what his sensors wanted.
The car on it's own was awesome, twin turbo proper race machine but apparently after his suspension went on nothing could come close!!
It was so good some stupidly rich motorsport guy in california bought it:thumbsup

Just thought of it after reading your post. Not really my cup off tea but frighteningly quick cars when they're done right:thumbsup

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
We put hydraulic suspension on a TRD mr2 gt once, with a g-force meter (sort off, 4 sensors for measuring sideways and 4 for backward/forward load....can't remember what they're called) to automatically stiffen the right ram at the right time.
The owner was a race engineer who used all his own sensors and computer bits (obviously not his idea because they've been doing that in racing for donkeys) but he needed us to actually supply and fit the suspension and come up with some valves that would do what his sensors wanted.
The car on it's own was awesome, twin turbo proper race machine but apparently after his suspension went on nothing could come close!!
It was so good some stupidly rich motorsport guy in california bought it:thumbsup

Just thought of it after reading your post. Not really my cup off tea but frighteningly quick cars when they're done right:thumbsup
are you sure it was a twin turbo and not a twin entry turbo? ;)

either way sounds like an awesome piece of kit!.. if I was going to be spending that kind of wedge on an MR2 then I would probably just go all out and get a SARD MC8-R:

that was a twin turbo'd MR2 - it had the Lexus 4.0 V8 (1UZ-FE) engine in it (600 bhp in a car that weighed c1100 kg)...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts