BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

First post on this forum.

I have just purchased my first of hopefully many BMW. I currently have the 320TD ES with Monochrome OBM/Nav unit (MULTI INFO RADIO) and a MKIV DVD player in the boot. I have been looking to add an auxiliary connection into the stereo using the retrofit auxiliary cable. Stripped the glovebox and radio out. Now, the place where the aux cable (10 pin socket side) goes has been taken up. In fact theres two of them. Ive taken them out one by one to test and the grey socket controls the DVD player and the black one doesnt do anything. However the wire colours on the black side match that of the pics of the aux cable. White/Blue, White/Red and White Brown. I followed the cable and it disappers into the handbrake console and then into the floorwells :confused . So i was wondering if someone knew if this cable went into the DVD player or somewhere else? I majorily confused on the setup. The car did have a Nokia car kit installed but ive stripped that out completely.

Please help someone. I need to know whats going on

·
Legendary BFuk Member
12,959 Posts
If nobody else is able to assist on this one then i'm afraid it's a seats out carpet up and out job:frown

It is easier than it sounds though:rofl

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hi

Well sort of, I have a dab ics-100 which I was hoping to plug in via auxiliary. This outputs via phono leads so a 3.5mm jack could work with an adapter. Can you help with my confusion?

Thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.