BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has any one ever organised a trip to the ring as a forum? ive been for the last two years with a skyline forum and im thinking of returning agian this year but i think it would be goood to go as a forum for a couple of days whats your thoughts?

·
Platinum BFuk Member
588 Posts
has any one ever organised a trip to the ring as a forum? ive been for the last two years with a skyline forum and im thinking of returning agian this year but i think it would be goood to go as a forum for a couple of days whats your thoughts?
I'd be up for it - as long as it's not too soon, I need time to arrange myself. :hihi

The main thing I'd want sorted before going is insurance. If I stacked my car, I'm not too fussed - I'd cry but then buy another one. But I've heard a lot of stories of people getting billed for armco barriers, track closure fines, damage to other vehicles (even if there's no collision - ie oil left on track) etc etc.

·
Banned
478 Posts
im up for this but its going to have to be next year :frown
unless someone wants to build my car for me?
Petrol prices will be way too high by then... Get your ass in that garage 24/7!!!

:hihi

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i think it will be best for next year to do this but if we can get numbers etc i can look into prices and keep a list of who was up for it and pm them later on in the year for next years trip

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
If plans are made for sometime in summer next year, then yes, I may even buy a car just for that or take the motorbike (if the g/f has a change of heart which I doubt) if someone lets me bung the pieces in their car if I crash :D

I've done the ring on the bike before, bloody tiring and very hard work, but rewarding when you get things right. Also its a hard track to learn and too many people get cocky easily and crash!

·
Platinum BFuk Member
588 Posts
I've done the ring on the bike before, bloody tiring and very hard work, but rewarding when you get things right. Also its a hard track to learn and too many people get cocky easily and crash!
Are you saying I won't be able to manage to recreate the 6 minute lap in do in Gran Turismo? :rofl

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
Are you saying I won't be able to manage to recreate the 6 minute lap in do in Gran Turismo? :rofl
if you drive the same as you do on gran turismo, bouncing off the barriers at full speed why not :D

·
Platinum BFuk Member
588 Posts
if you drive the same as you do on gran turismo, bouncing off the barriers at full speed why not :D
I'm impressed with how well my digital M3 does in crash tests... :hihi

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.