BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Struggling to find the root cause of my no boost issue on my f30 320D. Boost has stopped randomly not sure when it started just noticed when I was struggling to go up a hill.
plugged in the obd2 reader and noticed maf sensor jumping from 3 - 17g/s assumed it was the issue and replaced it but continued the same reading.
Removed the sensor from the air flow tube and readings were 0-1 and steady. No codes showing up but I need do get an error going up hills but it disappears again.
Gearbox got repaired recently and not sure could this impact some sensor?
Any suggestions or recommendations would be highly appreciated.

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Struggling to find the root cause of my no boost issue on my f30 320D. Boost has stopped randomly not sure when it started just noticed when I was struggling to go up a hill.
plugged in the obd2 reader and noticed maf sensor jumping from 3 - 17g/s assumed it was the issue and replaced it but continued the same reading.
Removed the sensor from the air flow tube and readings were 0-1 and steady. No codes showing up but I need do get an error going up hills but it disappears again.
Gearbox got repaired recently and not sure could this impact some sensor?
Any suggestions or recommendations would be highly appreciated.

Attachments

·
Registered
78 Posts
My car is different from yours but in my case giving me the problem it was the manifold agr pipe was blocked. Removed it ,cleaned it and as good as new. Its also a boost preasure sensor on the manifold that could be the problem and its easiest thing to try first. Hope it helps

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My car is different from yours but in my case giving me the problem it was the manifold agr pipe was blocked. Removed it ,cleaned it and as good as new. Its also a boost preasure sensor on the manifold that could be the problem and its easiest thing to try first. Hope it helps

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk
Ill have a look at cleaning the AGR pipe and see does that help. Since the MAP sensor is readings are ok i have been assuming the Engine pressure is ok but I have nothing on the OBD2 reader for Boost pressure. I can drive the car and keep track of the MAP pressure which should also give me turbo pressure as I motor along. ill just remove the 102kPA from the value that I get. thanks

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Could be a faulty sensor.
Did you fit a new genuine one.
Got a new genuine MAF sensor. Both readings the same in and out of air flow. Its strange its like there is turbulent air in the manifold.

EDIT: just checked the air filter and the seal looks damaged. Could be part of the problem.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
All the airflow pipework could be an issue ... check for loose joints and internal cracks.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts