BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

My name is mike and I currently drive a Skoda Fabia vRS. I've had it for nearly 5 years and feel like its time to make a change.

I would like to change to a BMW as I'm fed up of the usual FWD cards that I have had.

So I thought I should have a look on here and see what problems and advice I can get.

Thanks

Mike

·
Legendary BFuk Member
12,959 Posts
fabiavrs, Welcome to the Number One BMW Forum

I'm sure you'll find all you need to know:thumbsup

·
Registered
788 Posts
welcome to the forum mate i quite like the vrs myself are they not all they are meant to be ? im sure there is a bmw upto or above the standards of the skoda for you out there

·
Registered
7 Posts
Welcome fabia vrs
I'm new and have just left the VAG group(leon tdi fr 170)
miss the power but thats all.(318d es editions 08 now)
total luxury and quality no regrets
just do it:lol

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
welcome, IMO the hot Skodas with the VAG engines are very good buys, but i know what you mean about wanting a change after many years.

I'm sure you'll have no trouble finding a suitable BMW, be sure to read the buyers guides on the websites and ask any questions.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
cheers guys.

The fabia has been a total pleasure and 100% reliable......til its current ERG issue which the dealer cant solve at the moment.

I have to say as a package for its price you have to go some to beat it.

EXSKIN, how have you found the change over? I'm worried with going for a 318D or 118D I will miss the power that the fabia has got (have to say mine is remapped to 180bhp & 310lb/ft).

Would love the 330D but will I miss the MPG? :confused

·
Bimmerforums Central
8,030 Posts
Hello all,

My name is mike and I currently drive a Skoda Fabia vRS. I've had it for nearly 5 years and feel like its time to make a change.

I would like to change to a BMW as I'm fed up of the usual FWD cards that I have had.

So I thought I should have a look on here and see what problems and advice I can get.

Thanks

Mike
Hi and welcome Mike!

The vRS's are nice cars...but you cant beat a rear wheel drive car for putting the power down AND getting superb handling :D:thumbsup

Any thoughts on what you want to buy?

Petrol or diesel?

330i's are going for a song at the moment :cool

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Boostist, it will have to be a diesel. I mean petrol would be quicker but I do a fair bit of mileage so diesel make more sense.

I think I like the 3 series more but the 1 series is more in the price range. The only thing I do know is I'm ofter a coupe rather than the saloon. Or possible the 3 door 1 series.

·
Registered
7 Posts
EXSKIN, how have you found the change over? I'm worried with going for a 318D or 118D I will miss the power that the fabia has got

Hi fabiavrs
Yep the power i miss she'll do the speed i want but at her terms not mine
but on the other hand i seem to let the world go by now.
She seems to have a calming infulence on my driving style
where the FR was aaaaargh get out of the way drive like a t*t style
and of course it attracted every other t*t to a t*t.
So when i added the for and against up,
Reasons for 318d
always loved the e90 shape
mpg for my work run
wife loves it
bit of lux.
against 318d
boot,do a lot of fishing but can be cured a tourer next time

For keeping the FR
hatch back
power
Against the FR
spinal injuries :eek(suspension)
the dreaded DPF fault limp mode dash lit up like a xmas tree
mpg
run in with a unmarked:silly
climate control
plastic cheap interior
the wife hated it.
So the decision was easy.

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
I would definately say hold out for a 3 series fella, far superior car to a 1 series. (Imo, i think the 1 series is amongst the most pointless and ridiculous cars about and anyone would have to be a mental patient to buy one).

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I would definately say hold out for a 3 series fella, far superior car to a 1 series. (Imo, i think the 1 series is amongst the most pointless and ridiculous cars about and anyone would have to be a mental patient to buy one).

This is what I've been thinking, if I go for the 1 series that I will feel like I should have alway gone for the 3 series.

EXSKIN, thanks for that. :thumbsup.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts