BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello people
new to the site and i haven`t even got a bm!
but i want one, e36 coupe but which one?
18is 323 or 328?
how bad are the 328 on fuel? someone said they are better than the 318?:confused
i drive a mk3 golf gti 16v at the mo i want so rear wheel action!

·
Legendary BFuk Member
12,959 Posts
Welcome to the forum:D

When choosing a motor think seriously about the power you want. here are soo many threads on this forum that ask about getting more power from their motor's. The best route is to buy an engine that will make you happy:thumbsup

·
BFuk Legend
11,712 Posts
Just go for the 328I mate. Dont mess around coz if you get the smaller engine you will always want more power. I made that mistake and regret it now! Ive been driving a 325i for a week and i am getting 30mpg on the computer just pottering around. It all depends on how you are gonna drive it.
:thumbsup

·
Registered
20,393 Posts
Welcome to the forum sk8boy73, good luck with your search, I would also go with the engine size that you can most afford regarding fuel e.t.c, so if the budget is good then go for a 328i as you won't be hankering for a bigger engine straight away

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
If you can afford the insurance and possibly higher running costs, then a 325i/328i is the only way (IMO).

Fuel wise, these big 6cyl BMW engines are very impressive, much more economical than you'd believe, but once problems start to set in etc, this can take a toll for the worst. You need to make sure that the usual stuff like engine sensors, coils, 02 sensors are all in good health. You need to ensure that vaccum lines/hoses are not perished and that the engine is correctly serviced and you'll be smiling.

I would always personally avoid any car thats been 'messed' about with.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.