BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Bought my 1998 E36 318 ti Compact last week, been grand so far! Picked it up with 133,000 miles on the clock for £850.

Only problem so far was a rubbing noise coming from one of the front wheels, after some investigation I managed to track it down to the shield that sits at the back of the brake disk - pushed it back a little by hand and presto!

Only thing left is to fix some niggles with the interior - missing bulb and bulb housing for the heater controls (housing to be found in a scrapyard I'm hoping!) and the gearstick has a tendency to come off if given a tug - should probably fix that!

Also going to be looking at MPG - got around 230 miles for 30ish liters of fuel, that about right?

·
Registered
884 Posts
Hi Paolo, welcome aboard. Congrats on the motor, same as mine, cracking car.

And I also had the gear lever trouble, so got one of these, which I can highly recommedd. Cheap, and looks the business, and rock solid when attached, albeit it involves a bodge job with some leccy tape. If you buy one, and need help with that, you can PM me, but it's easy enough to work out.

Enjoy bimmerland!

Reactions: RYM

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cheers guys - hopefully I'll be able to contribute as well as pick up tips from the forums as I tackle engine tuning, rusty arches, and dodgy gear knobs over the next few months!!

·
Registered
884 Posts
I just moved from the west end, was just off Byres Road. Glad to be out of it to be honest, too bloody overcrowded and nightmarish for parking these days.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ah yeah I can't argue there - lucky enough to get a flat with a sheltered parking spot so I can moan if I get home and someone's stolen it, much better than where I used to be (new bumps in the car every week on Gibson street!)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.