BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, Im Oliver but most call me Tomo,

Ive been a bit of a car nut for as long as i can remember. Ive got through 11 cars in the last 5 years and im now sticking with my little E46 compact :hihi. I brought her last month and have loved every minute.

Currently she is standard but i have a few plans for her as funds allow. Starting with an upgrade on the stock 16" alloys replacing the horrid rear light with the later verison red ones.

Here she is...

The forum looks like a wealth of knowledge, :D

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the wecome, and the link...

Slightly worry seeing all the "common" faults though:confused

·
Registered
7,043 Posts
Slightly worry seeing all the "common" faults though:confused
Oil breather/separator change would be high on the list and assuming you have the 136bhp M47 engine with manual transmission you don't have swirl flaps.
Preventative maintenance is the key :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nope, i have the 150bhp version.
Already purchased the new oil breather, fitting this weekend. Im going to check the swirl flaps then too and if needed replace them with plugs.

·
Registered
7,043 Posts
Nope, i have the 150bhp version.
Already purchased the new oil breather, fitting this weekend. Im going to check the swirl flaps then too and if needed replace them with plugs.
You can just about see the swirl flap actuator arm and the rear of the swirl flap by peering under the inlet manifold behind the EGR valve,
you might need a torch to aid viewing and this should identify if you still have swirl flaps fitted.

The head of the aluminium blank is marked in the pic below..

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks guys,
and thanks for the pic slowtech, really usefull. though it does confirm that my car is fitted with swirl flaps so a little extra work will be done this weekend.

Welcome on board :thumbsup

From an ex-Tutbury resident :)

ive not long moved to the area. very quiet little place though :)

·
Registered
6,636 Posts
ive not long moved to the area. very quiet little place though :)
It's improved vastly, I moved in 1983, still had the A50 going through it and the glass-works fully operational too. My lad had a football game there in December, it's changed a great deal.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts