BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there everyone, I've signed up not so long ago as I'm currently on the hunt for a nice coupé e46. I'm been looking at a few such as the 325ci, 328ci and 330ci. I've tried searching but I can't seem to find positive or definite answers.

A 325 CI in comparison to a 328 CI, which is the one to have? Please note, they're are both going to be E46 coupé so please can you base your facts on them only. ( 325 ci I found is manual whilst the 328 ci Is Tiptronic/SSG)

Servicing costs do not apply to me as I'm a student in the motor section so I service & maintain all my vehicles myself.

I'm coming from a Subaru Impreza WRX so by all means I understand the handling is no where near a match but what is the performance like? Before people jump to conclusions, YES I HAVE TOOK OUT A 328 in my Impreza! Only reason why I'm coming to BMW is that I'm getting mature now and I need something sensible and also I'd like to say I do about almost 300 miles a week!

Is it really worth stretching out that extra bit for a 330 CI ? Summer holidays are near enough coming and I'll be on quite a few roadtrips with the lads :D so would a 330CI be suitable for me even with the current petrol prices in the UK?

Regards
Amin

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Welcome to the forum and in my opinion go for the 330ci go for the biggest engine you can get and im sure dailydoggy a forum member will be along to tell you about his 330.

It also funny ive taken out a few imprezza's in my 328 :thumbsup

·
Registered
360 Posts
General rule of thumb is go for the biggest petrol engine you can afford.

Though in reality and in a second hand market you also need to temper this against which cars present themselves during your search.

If it's a great example car but it has a 2.5 litre engine should you discount it? It really depends on what you want from the car if your are 'maturing' maybe a 325 should still be on your list.

There probably isn't much difference between a manual 325 and an auto 330 in terms of performance and many of the 330's are fitted with an auto box not sure whether this is the same for 325's.

There are other threads on here that cover the characteristics of the different engines 3 litre more refined 325 more revvy 328 somewhere in between you might want to research this a little more.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts