BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys new to this forum and have just got hold of a nice 535d msport e60 2006. I think from now on i will be a BMW driver for ever as have never driven anything as nice. Could any one tell me or give some clue as to things to look out for/historical faults likely to occur, or even some good points would be welcome
Any websites apart from hamman as already looked there
Happy xmas by the way

·
Bimmerforums Central
8,030 Posts
hi guys new to this forum and have just got hold of a nice 535d msport e60 2006. I think from now on i will be a BMW driver for ever as have never driven anything as nice. Could any one tell me or give some clue as to things to look out for/historical faults likely to occur, or even some good points would be welcome
Any websites apart from hamman as already looked there
Happy xmas by the way
Hi and welcome

and happy xmas!

These cars react extremely well to a remap...
I would suggest calling Simon at

www.e-maps.co.uk

and please tell him Bimmerforums UK sent you :)

It mainly depends on what sort of things you want to do with the car?

Looks

suspension

Braking

Engine performance

Or a combination of all!!

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
Awesome choice of car imo .... very jealous! In fact just about to pick up the phone to my local stealer to see if they have one in that I can have a drive of to see what I think.

I would definately have it remapped (not much money) to increase the performance. Looks wise I think the M-sports are just about right so perhaps best left alone in that department.

The only thing I have heard about from an owner of a 535d is that he had some issues with a couple of gaskets under the bonnet which were all put right by the dealer. Other than that I think its case of keeping the car well serviced with regular fluid changes and taking a bit of care for the turbo's whilst its cold.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for your replies lads ( & gals if any )
Have emailed emaps and yes it is on the 19 and all seems well
Gave her her first bath today using meguires NTX wax and looks good although think may return to autoglym as that ntx stuff goes on easy but whether its just the carbon black colour it takes a lot to bring the finish up nice

I will return with more news on ma baby and thought a pair of twin exhausts would look good, what do you think?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.