BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there everyone, I'm Sam, 28 from Gainsborough LINCS. Currently drive a GTTDI Golf, but had mainly Jap, 4 FTO's, EVO IV, CRX Delsol and over 20 bikes from my current Fireblade to a Busa, 4 CBR600's amongst others...

My partner is pregnant and were expecting twins in April, had the Golf for over a year now and not only am I bored with it, I miss luxury, power and style.

Think were going for a 330D Manual, preferably M Sport but see what comes up, not too fussed about facelift or pre-facelift, but will be an E46, i'm more bothered with condition then age and can always get it remapped if needed :) The Fireblade is being sold too, so need something that has a bit of fun :D

Thanks and hope this is a friendly forum, had years of great chatting and meets through the FTOOC and Lancer Register for my EVO :D

·
Registered
724 Posts
Good luck... and make it an auto :thumbsup

(for the record, I'll be the only person on here to make that recommendation...:hihi)

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm guessing that's as you have a 335d lol, but on a serious note, I couldn't own an auto, I drive a few family members cars, 5 series GT, B Class Merc and a TT all auto's and have to be honest I don't enjoy the driving as much, I do think auto's are great, if it's your thing, but until I get an aching ankle or arthritis i'll stick to my manual, no offence intended lol :D

Beautiful car BTW!

·
Registered
724 Posts

I'd likely go back to manual if I had another 330i or similar, but the 6 pot diesels make perfect bedfellows with auto 'boxes.

Either way I suspect you'll warm to the E46 very quickly - they're great cars :)

·
Registered
177 Posts
Welcome

Quite a collection you've had there! Make your BM a manual! They are so much more fun and I personally feel much more in control of the car.

Johann

·
Registered
118 Posts
I recently bought a 330d Auto and I can highly recommend it.

With 2 states I.e normal and sport mode or the option to use the steptronic they can be fun.

And as they don't have a clutch to worry about they take a remap well.

Rob

·
Registered
431 Posts
I'ma have to vote manual, go post facelift so you can get the 6 speed one.

Remap it to about 240bhp and you've (I've) got a real fun car! I find it the perfect balance of sensible (37mpg, while gunning it about - 50ish on the motorway) and silly (300+nm torque - 0-62mph in about 6.5 seconds)

There's a few threads on here about how to prepare your BMW sludger for a long life - well worth a read on stuff like swirl flaps and egr's, crank case breathers etc.

What colour are you looking for?

For a price guide, Immo was £6k at 84k miles, but I paid over the odds for the rare colour and age. Shoudl be able to pick a nice one up for £5k easy.

Things to check: Arches for rust. Suspension for knackardness. Parking sensors for workingness.

GOOD LUCK! :thumbsup

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for all the help and advice everyone, yeah I would like a facelift 6 speed sport, not fussed on colour, also not fussed if it's a Touring or Saloon, although people may think this daft, I'm more concerned about spec than colour, never bought a car on colour, just spec, I'd rather have heated leather, M sport etc. Than a real nice colour, BUT, I'd love a Blue one as I have always wanted a Blue car, just wouldn't pay extra for it, if anyone happens to see one, preferably at a dealer, please let me know!

Is there a big difference between the pre and post facelift after a remap?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just want to say after receiving some PM's about 320d's 330i's and Coupe's...

I am looking for a 330D... 5 door... Not a coupe, or smaller engine or petrol. I hope everyone who wants to sell their car does so and best of luck, however for me personally and my family I need a 5 door and need a big engine for me personally. A 320d is too slow for my needs. I'm selling my bike I can't cope with a slow car too lol...

The ONLY car I would consider as an alternative and it would have to be very nice is a 330D Touring instead of a Saloon, but even then would have to be manual. Thanks again and please stop sending me PM's I've had 6 so far! :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts