BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ey up.

My g/f has recently become the owner of a sliver 1998 BMW 316i 4 door, so I thought I'd sign up here to find out about them as we have never had one before and no doubt I'll be doing all the work !!.

It's in pretty good condition, and only has about 88,000 on it but has a few minor issues which I hope I'll be able to fix with all your help.

1. Central locking only works on 3 of the 4 doors. The one behind the drivers door doesn't work.

2. The clock doesn't work

3. The offside headlight is full of condensation

If you could point me in the right direction to resolve these minor issues, it would be much appreciated.

No doubt as time goes on, I'll have lots of other questions.

Cheers.

:)

·
Legendary BFuk Member
12,959 Posts
Cabrioletpilot, Welcome to the forum:D

Am I correct in thinking your car is a late E36? Same shape as mine:thumbsup

I can't remember what year they changed the shape on the cabriolet??? Once I know this I will be able to point you in the direction of the correct forum to discuss the issues you mention:thumbsup

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi A20 RYM

It isn't a cabriolet, its a 4 door saloon. Cabrioletpilot is my username on another car forum for which I do have a cab, just thought I'd use the same name here as it wasn't taken, and easier for me to remember !!.

:lol

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You have an E36 saloon
We actually set out to get an E46 320D Touring, but held off buying one when the credit crunch started in the hope prices would come down, but we ended up getting the E36 saloon for free so can't complain !!.

You still got the MG Rover

Ha ha, yeah still got it - Google's great isn't it !!.

And Hello to everyone else too

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.