BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
I want to replace my suspension on a m sport e46 320d
I have seen various threads but still feel lost. I don’t want to drop more than stock. If it ends up a little lower it’s fine, but not the objective. Want something comfortable and better performance. I know I have a m sport and it won’t be super plush.
just want something that works well and reliable

any suggestions of a shock/spring combo?

·
Registered
780 Posts
Comfortable and better performance doesn't usually work well .. I'd suggest adjustable coilovers as a good start, then you can tune them to suit what you actually want. It's a learning curve, learn what each adjustment does and work out if that's what you need to adjust. What suits me is unlikely to suit you.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
I have installed Febi Biltstein pro kit many years ago. Sit a little lower, comfortable and still sport feel. Even more now with overhauled suspensions axles (PU bushes).

·
Registered
126 Posts
I have Bilstein B4 shocks on mine with standard springs which i fitted 4 years ago. They are pretty much oem equivalent to the standard Sachs shocks on the m-sports.
However i was interested to see M359’s channel on YouTube recently where he fitted Koni shocks to Lesjofor springs on his e46 325i touring. Looks to be a good combination and something i may do in the future.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I have Bilstein B4 shocks and Eibach Pro springs all around, I think it may be slightly lower than the stock equipment but not by much.

The springs are progressive, not linear. They give comfort under normal driving but if you push them hard they resist more to prevent roll.

Had a similar setup on my E30 many years ago and I was happy with them then.

All my bushes are rubber, not poly, as I don't want it to feel like I'm driving a skateboard.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts