BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys and girls,

Just wanted to see if anyone could shed some light (good or bad I really don’t mind ?) about my purchase of an f25 2.0L diesel. It’s done 86000 miles and seems to be a cracking little motor but I keep hearing issues of timing chains and swirl flaps? Are they prone to failures?

I also own a 2003 320d and had this for the past 3 yrs also a 2005 320d before that both of which I removed swirl flaps from due the common known fault associated. In fact my 2003 I bought with swirl flap damage, I pulled the motor out and replaced one piston, fortunately valves were undamaged and got away with a lapping. Needless to say it’s served me 3 years and still going strong 70,000 miles later.

Anyways, back to the original topic, do I need to take any necessary steps to prevent damages occurring (change timing chain, remove swirl flaps, dpf replacement etc)?

Appreciate any feedback from you wonderful like minded bmw owners/lovers

Thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi, I’ve had this car from new, same year, 65000 miles so far and still going strong. The only issue I had was a wheel bearing that needed replacing. I’ll be keeping it for a few more year, great car to carry the family in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 2 of 2 Posts