BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello
had my compact 2 weeks now and am forever looking into the m44 engine as i have to replace mine due 2 it overheating and have decided replace the engine.
So be prepared plenty of questions and advice needed as im a ford man and bmw's are new 2 me!:confused

·
Legendary BFuk Member
12,959 Posts
Welcome to the forum:D

We will assist as best as we possibly can:thumbsup

Did you ever determine why the engine was overheating? Was there head gasket failure? If so was it tested correctly???

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i bought the car from a finance reposesion company that didnt hav a scooby about cars
went all the way up 2 wolverhampton started the car up and noticed it sounded like there wernt a lot of compression
started driving it and it was getting hot so just thought @ i aint got a lot 2 lose ill just keep going lol
anyway it finally stopped 45 miles in 2 the journey

the head needed 42 thou 2 make it flat again
+ 8 inlet valves and machining

So............ ive decided to get a complete engine

·
Bimmerforums Central
8,030 Posts
hello
had my compact 2 weeks now and am forever looking into the m44 engine as i have to replace mine due 2 it overheating and have decided replace the engine.
So be prepared plenty of questions and advice needed as im a ford man and bmw's are new 2 me!:confused
Hi and welcome to the forum :thumbsup

I love Msports :D

We need pictures :hihi

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.