BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello there! I am new here, although I have lurked around for a few months.

A bit about myself:

My name is Phil, I work as an apprentice for FordMC and have done so since September. I job has allowed me to purchase a car for myself, cheap and lowcost for the time being, but in time, I am looking to get a M3 E36.
My love for Bimmers came about when my old man took me outside to look at his new car back in '99. He had just bought a '97 P Reg BMW M3 E36 in Estoril Blue and grey vader leather. Man that car was incredible, but being younger at the time, paid no real attention to it. Then came '04 when he changed it for a E46 M3 in Carbon Black with the black leather. Now THAT car was superb, I loved that car, I still do, have some great memories of it - was sold back in '08 with 16k miles on the clock, for FAR less than it should have. I miss it a great deal - was replaced by a Jaguar (Ford :rofl)
However, now I work at Ford, its my turn, I am going to start looking around for a E36 M3 in Estoril/Vader in the coming months seeing how prices are reasonably low and purchase one hopefully in 2011 or 2012.

I'm sure I'm going to post some really stupid questions, but it will help me find my perfect Bimmer - so I'm going to apologise now :p

Thanks
Phil

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the warm welcomes! I will have some pics up as soon as I buy my Bimmer, if only I had £5k currently, I've found the perfect one. Everything I want!

·
Uber Platinum BFuk Member
1,133 Posts
Welcome mate

theres no such thing as stupid questions on here mate. whatever questions you have im sure that theres someone on here to help :thumbsup

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Welcome mate

theres no such thing as stupid questions on here mate. whatever questions you have im sure that theres someone on here to help :thumbsup
Cheers fella, I work with an Ex-Bimmer mechanic and also my old man, which I can ask, but I'm sure I will have many questions only you guys, those with experience of running these 11/12/13 year old cars has.

Cheers

·
Registered
14 Posts
Welcome mate. Its a nice place this forum as you will have probably noticed. Tell uncle Henry that even though he did Aston Martin a huge favour by bank rolling them he has to make a proper Capri again and not produce that god awful stretched Focus with a Capri badge! Have fun here :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Welcome mate. Its a nice place this forum as you will have probably noticed. Tell uncle Henry that even though he did Aston Martin a huge favour by bank rolling them he has to make a proper Capri again and not produce that god awful stretched Focus with a Capri badge! Have fun here :)
Yer I have noticed you guys are always more than helpful in answering small questions people have here. I'm sure between us, we can solve nearly any problem!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts