BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm new to the 7 forum. Just sold my 1997 A8 and bought a 2002 745i. Very happy with it, definately the best car I've owned.

Got a couple of niggles. The dash displays "power window not initialised" (its the passenger front one that goes up and down in 1 inch steps and won't glide up and down with one press). Tried the usual reset procedure holding the window switches in up and down positions, but it does not initialise. I was told that it needs initialising with the diagnostics software. I have a copy of Carsoft 6.5 and a lead. Does any one know how to initialise the window?

Also, the airbag light is on and says "passenger airbags fault" on the dash. I can't seem to connect to the airbag ECU with Carsoft, so can't reset it or fault find it. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance. Any help much appreciated, as I'd rather not line the stealers pockets!

Giles.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I will see what I can find for you.

Regarding your Carsoft, what ECUs can you access?
Hi Ronnie,

I think I can access all/most of my ECUs, but I haven't tried them all yet. During an ECU scan, I have connected to a long list of ECUs including the engine and gearbox ECUs, and have gone into each ECU separatly to access fault codes, but Carsoft cannot connect to the airbags ECU using the 'AIRBAGS' button. I assume there is one ECU for all the airbags?

Thanks in advance for looking into this for me.

Giles.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.