BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 20 of 163 Posts

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, My name is Mel..

Im 20, live in the UK near to Brighton!

2 months ago, I decided to change from a 1.2 punto to a nice E36, 328i cabriolet :) Absolutely loving the car so far, although have a few questions (will post in the relevant threads)..

Pics below :)

·
Banned
478 Posts
Nice looking car! It was a wise move going from a punto to a bmw 328 cab. Its a cool car:cool

Hope we can help with your questions.

Nice to have you with us...:)

Lee.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Have had a few problems with the MOT last month, but Im over the worst.

Oxygen sensors arent cheap though :O!

Need a new rear window now. :(

·
Bimmerforums Central
8,030 Posts
HI Melly :thumbsup

Nice car you have got yourself there :D .. now we all just need some sunshine so you can make the most of the soft top!

For O2 sensors

google for 'just lambda' as they are really good and pretty cheap. Otherwise theres always GSF who are not bad on price.

Whats up with the rear window?

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes tell me about it, Looking forward to the summer even more now, thats if we get one.

I paid £80 for the part and that was from German, swedish parts. (Which wasnt a bad price apparently).

Thanks for the heads up, hopefully I wont need to buy another, I can just think myself lucky it wasnt the cat.

Rear window was put down a week before I bought the car in the freezing conditions and cracked it :(.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Have a look around you may well be able to buy a reasonable replacement online.... Otherwise, try Fab BMW they do loads of bits off BMW's and so may have a new hood with window etc. in going 'cheapish'.

BTW Welcome aboard.

Tom

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Isnt it nice to have a female interested in cars eh :)

Will look forward to hearing from Ronnie!

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
O lol

Are there many female members? Not that it bothers me, with a hobby of cars, I cant expect much less.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Welcome to the forum Mel. Good to have you onboard. Those seats will be a killer to keep clean, lol

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
O lol

Are there many female members? Not that it bothers me, with a hobby of cars, I cant expect much less.
Northernlass comes on every so often. Other than that I think there may be a couple more than don't really post.

All the women I have come across in general who like cars are the ones that date the max power crew (loud exhausts, cars filled with speakers and 10ltr engines) and usually have about about the same level of common sense as them. Other than that, proper women they don't seem to fussed about cars other than the shape and colour ........

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thank you :)
And yes I am going to spend a good few hours giving it a clean tomorrow, then more pictures can go up :)

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Northernlass comes on every so often. Other than that I think there may be a couple more than don't really post.

All the women I have come across in general who like cars are the ones that date the max power crew (loud exhausts, cars filled with speakers and 10ltr engines) and usually have about about the same level of common sense as them. Other than that, proper women they don't seem to fussed about cars other than the shape and colour ........
Well here is my confession :)

I am apart of a club, which you could describe as the above :rofl
I do modelling for that club, and did own a very modified punto.

One day I woke up and decided I wanted a proper car, so I went out and bought one and sold the punto.

Isnt it lovely to hear the engine roaring rather than the exhaust ;)

I know everything you can about body work and modifications, its now time to learn about the engine, and Im getting there :)

·
Registered
478 Posts
I had a modified car when I first started out......... Spent a small fortune doing bits and bobs on it, more inside than out, then just got bored........ hmmm paid 6k, spent 5k doing stuff to it, sold it for 3k...... best 6 months investment I have ever made...... LOL. The guy I sodl it to still drive it and is doing even more to it........

Tom

1 - 20 of 163 Posts