BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

My 1997 3 series has got standard 205/60 R15's alloys and I am looking at getting Falken ZE912's for it. (Cost roughly around £240 for 4, all in).

I did want Eagle Asymmetrics but they don't go small enough. :)

Any comments on these tyres or recomendations for others?? Can't afford new rims, otherwise I would get bigger ones and fit the Eagles.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I have heard they are good tyres - good value - check out deals on
Vredesteins, Michelins and Contis as well - sometimes they are surprisingly cheap on 15s. 205/60 is a popular size I think.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for that, will have a look. The price for the Falkens was from a local tyre place.

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
We run Falkens on a range of cars including our trackday 328i and also use them on the road. Price wise you can't fault them and they are impressive performance wise and we've also found them to be the longest lasting tyres.

The Falken ZE512 (or its equivalent now) is like the Michelin Pilot Primacy, and 512 performed as well as the Pilot whilst outlasting it on an Audi A4 TDi that one of the members of the family uses to get from the midlands to London every weekend.

Alternatively, for a bit more performance, try the FK452 which we're very impressed with.

·
BFuk Legend
11,712 Posts
Got Falkens put on my Mrs astra. My local tyre bay recommended them. Im very impressed for the price, seem to grip well and last quite a while. :thumbsup

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the advice. Will update when I decide what to use :)

Some great websites recommended though!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts