BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well I have just bought my wife a E36 316i Compact(our first BMW) after selling her Mondeo and she loves it.i must say that I'm impressed with the build quality aswell.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Evening Dave,
I'm a newbie too.
You mustn't be a million miles away from my favourite track, Cadwell Park, nr Louth.
Is that your boxster in the background too? Rare in white.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the welcome
@SlowTech, I drive a mondeo mk4 zetec so cant really coment on the chalk and cheese comment :hihi
@marky 911 wish the porky was mine but alas its not:frown (see above) and as for cadwell I have to agree its one of the best tracks in the country and I've done many a lap on my bikes:thumbsup

·
DO NOT send this user ANY Money. Under investigati
103 Posts
nice motor im in lincoln and have an m3 bumper with splitter and fogs for sale in the same colour if interested mate

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
nice motor im in lincoln and have an m3 bumper with splitter and fogs for sale in the same colour if interested mate
Hmmm tempting, how much are you after? and you wouldn't have a couple of mirrors or covers in the same colour would you?

·
DO NOT send this user ANY Money. Under investigati
103 Posts
i do indeed mate a set of electric m3 mirrors in same colour want 80 for the bumper and 60 for the mirrors got lowering springs and 18s m3 rear bumper and m3 spoiler and loads of other bits pm me if interested

·
Registered
4 Posts
Ooh!
M3 front end would look ace!

Dave - You've got bigger balls than me going round there on a bike! I've actually just given up biking and had a big clearout. Would be lying if I said I didn't miss them but I suddenly developed a fear of coming off. Comes with settling down I suppose, and thinking back to all the lucky escapes...

What is it you ride? I take it you follow Moto GP? I'm not a blinkered Rossi fan-boy but I am a massive fan! I hope he gets it together for next season.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
been a few years since i did a track day (Im 46 now and lost the urge) i ride a Honda Blackbird, a 1200 Bandit and a montessa 348cota(but not at the same time)!!
I know what you mean about thinking back at the near misses but lifes too short and I know I couldn't be without a bike for too long.
Rossi's the man and always will be, peed myself when the winging aussie reconed his ambitioned outweighed his ability when he overtook him a little agressively!!!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Haha! Yep that race was epic.
Laughed all the way through it. Stoner left standing at the side as Rossi rode off into the distance.
I went off Stoner quite early on. He can ride a bike mind but, I can't stand him personality wise.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yeah as a racer I have to admire him but as a person hes a prat and throws his dummy out far too soon if things arn't going his way.
Met rossi at a Honda uk track day many a year ago(when he was riding the Honda 1000 gp bike) and he was riding a bloody 1800 goldwing around donnington faster than any of us thought possible, pretty much wrecked the whole lower part of the wing though where he was scraping it on every corner. The blokes a legend.:thumbsup

·
Registered
4 Posts
yeah as a racer I have to admire him but as a person hes a prat and throws his dummy out far too soon if things arn't going his way.
Met rossi at a Honda uk track day many a year ago(when he was riding the Honda 1000 gp bike) and he was riding a bloody 1800 goldwing around donnington faster than any of us thought possible, pretty much wrecked the whole lower part of the wing though where he was scraping it on every corner. The blokes a legend.:thumbsup

Haha! Great stuff!
I've still never actually been to a moto gp meeting. I need to do it before Rossi retires or I'll be kicking myself.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts