BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Vendor
4,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There will be many company's now or in next few months tuning these Ecus on the bench or drilling a hole in the new M3 and M4 ecu as these are sealed(this means the ecu needs to be remove opened or they will drill a hole in the ecu case to get to the internal pins)
So they can get to the in side of the ecu to the boot or rest time clock in the ecu so they can then upload the new tuned file
THIS WILL VOID YOUR BMW WARRANTY 100% IF YOUR ECU IS REMOVED

How do I know all this
I've spent the last 2-3 years testing these boot tools and then using the BMW system to test if it picks it up
And then finding a ways to reprogram the ecu to remove the traces it leaves

BMW knows about the ways these boot tools work and the software in the ecu will flag up its been tuned this way

BMW are looking out for this as they are fed up with people tuning there cars in a crap way which causes problems

then having there tuner put back the ecu to stock when the engine or transmission has a Prolems (which I agree with BMW)

The only tool I know which does NOT show it's been flashed is our tool which is done by obd so NO need to remove ecu and open or drill to get the ecu code from it
We have full control over this obd tool and there is only 5 in the world as we have had the normal people try stealing it
This obd tool is only for the pro tuners who are involved in motorsport tuning not the normal so call tuners that most know about who steal others hard work

If you are getting you Fxx car tuned by a tuner ask what tool they are using and if the ecu will be removed the ecu

If anyone need help on which tool is safe to use feel free to call 02085611818

·
Vendor
4,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
3,001 Posts
its like the old rover T4 machine,,only around 7 ever made,,and i new a guy who had one,he developed a map for the 320d engine in the rover75/zt..the machines if ever come to market sell for in excess of 7k..the guy who owns one works for mg power (free lance) he maps cars form forum members for £100 which was great,,only an extra 30 bhp.but he developed the map so it was within what the car could easily take ie injectors/turbo/gearbox(getrag) and clutch,,very good guy.he was on top gear onhce in his v8 marina van.his moniker is marinabrian.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hi Guys,

I have a 2011 f 20 i automatic and the economy is not too great but I only town drive so got in touch with a guy in Blackpool Johnny Loder (Protune) he was very honest and said the economy gains to be had were not great but he could probably take my stop start out and probably get it going a bit faster with more response from the accelerator reduce the auto lag or remove it.

I dont doubt what he said, but looking at my service history which is not great it has not had a decent service since July 2015 since then it has only had oil services. I think first and foremost I should get a proper full service and take it from there is he correct in what he says no economy gains but better performance and remove the stop start.

Please advise and many thanks for your help.

Cheers.

Jeffers

1 - 7 of 7 Posts