BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

I've not had a BMW before and due to an increasing family am looking for an estate car. Having had them previously, I started out looking at the Volvo V70 and XC70 then a chance encounter at a dealer had me sat in a 2013 535d M Sport Touring.

I was very impressed with the feel of just sitting in it - it was simply a nice place to be. Unfortunately the dealer had boxed it in and wasn't in the mood to unbox it so I went back the next day to give it a spin only to be told that it had been sold just before I arrived! Anyway, he let me out for a quick drive and I really liked it so am now on the lookout for something similar.

I've been looking for a couple of weeks now and have discovered that they don't come up that often and when they do, they tend to not have much of a spec to them. I currently drive a Volvo V40 top spec diesel model and don't really want to go backwards in that respect.

Some of the things I liked about the one I saw were the wide screen monitor, reversing camera, heads-up display and electric seats with extendable thigh pad/rest.

I'm struggling to figure out what goodies come with different trim levels/packages. For example, is the HUD included with the pro nav? Do electric seats always have the thigh pad thing? Is the reversing camera a standalone add-on?...

I've got quite a few questions so won't clog up the newbie thread with them but would appreciate some input down the line.

Cheers,
Fro

·
Registered
845 Posts
Welcome!

Here's a link to the contemporary brochure for 5 series touring of that vintage which should answer all of your questions about what spec comes with what:

http://www.bmwbrochures.co.uk/0114/BMW_5S_Touring_F11_LCI/files/inc/cb86a69279.pdf

Extendable thigh pad rest means 'sports' seats or 'comfort' seats - so the thigh pad isn't directly related to having electric seats as such as you can have 'normal' electric seats.

I don't think HUD comes as standard with pro nav - but if you read the brochure you will see that various packs group various options together and I'm afraid it does take a bit of working out!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice one Evog, that's just what I need to try and deconvolute the options!

Thinking of it, I could do without HUD, I'm just used to having a digital dash at the mo so watching a needle waft about seem a little... Analogue.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
heads up is a bit like marmite,,and ive seen plenty folk that liked it grow to hate it
You reckon? Surely it can be turned off. No?

The main reasons for liking it are that it allowed my to keep my eyes on the road more than glancing at the dash and I already have a digital dash so I've become used to seeing digits rather than analogue.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts