BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

NEW 430D service plan advice

3K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  Mka82 
#1 ·
I am about to lease a 430D m sport, for 48 months - doing 12k miles a year.

For about £45 per month I can build in full service and maintenance (including tyres and serving etc).

I am struggling to get a true picture for my 4 year service costs (I know I cannot factor in un-expected wear and tear - but could do with guidance on scheduled costs),

Over 4 years I am assuming I will need a service every 18 months, and that I should change the oil every 10k miles or so (I will be driving mainly urban).
Also 1 x inspection service.

Tyres (19" 704M alloys so 2 x 225/40 R19 & 2 x 255/35 R19) will cost me around £600 to £700 maybe once in 48k miles.

My local dealer in Dick Lovett in Bristol, and I have read that dealers do vary rates a fair amount, I am not buying via the dealer but can opt for their £399 service plan - maybe this is more sensible.

If in doubt I was thinking on just paying the full maintenance with the lease company, I am not a big petrol head but also don't want to spend over the top if I can help it.

Any help / links would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

See less See more
#2 ·
Not sure this this will help. I recently bought a new 430d and asked the service dept as I will only be doing around 8000 pa and for me they said it was a'no brainer' to not take any plan out.. their feeling was the older service plans on sale a few years ago were worth having but the newer ones are marginal and you need to be doing a higher mileage to make them cost effective. Not sure if 12000 pa is high enough but at least they do give peace of mind? .

#3 ·
12k urban miles is a lot stop/starts. Personally I would not be looking for a 3 litre diesel.

For the service I have always been told 18k or every 2 years which ever comes first but 12k a year lots of stop/starts would be a lot sooner IMO more like 8-10k miles so 2 services per year.

Tyres would cost considerably more than £600 for a set of 4 x 19" RunFlats and thinking you would only need 1 set in 48k miles is a little ambitious to say the least.

#4 ·
Slightly different tangent I've bought a couple at 3yrs 22k miles with remainder of 5yr service packs, that's worked out very well :)

If you have the option of taking the money (if this lease is via company provided car) then taking it and deciding what car to own has also worked well for me, by the end of 4yrs you'd own the residual, plus if you did like me at 3yrs/22k then that could be an upgrade of model/type... (as in the 2 were a 730d Sport and 535d Msport.)

#5 ·
Looking for some advise on servicing & maintenance.
2016 F10 530d. 63k mileage with BMW service history.
“Major” service done by previous owner in Sept @61k @bmw.

I do about 6k miles a year with 60/40 split between motorway and city miles.
I spoke to BMW about taking up a service plan and they said based on my use, I’ll need a minor service in sept 2022(!) and a major one in sept 2024(!). With 2 break fluid services in between. All of this at a cost of £1k approx and it will come with seasonal health checks , map updates etc.

My concern is these main service intervals seem very far apart to me and since I do do a lot of city miles will the service plan by BMW be sufficient? Or would be safer (and cheaper) to stick to a full service once a year / every 6k at a local garage?

Thanks!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.