BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had my inspection 1 service done yesterday, on my 94k 2001 325i M54, first service since july 09 but having done only 5-6k in the car.

It feels like its been given a new lease of life. So much smoother and more responsive, not to mention more driveable. Before you could floor it at low revs in second and third and it would be christmas before it girded its loins and got going. Now, it feels fantastic. I'm no mechanic so just wondered what it is in the service which makes the engine run so much better. :confused

Also never been so glad to see the back of a courtesy car and get back in the newly serviced 325. :hihi It was an S-plate 523i, and it was ghastly. Horrible low spec model with cream cloth interior. God the interior in my E46 looked smart after climbing out of that 5 series. Also the old straight sixes (i'm guessing M52) dont sound anywhere near as good as the M54 units.

·
Registered
109 Posts
A service is pretty much an oil change, new filters (fuel, air, oil, pollen), new spark plugs, check of all fluids (brake, transmission, steering) and a few other bits. I'm not sure exactly which are the ones that bring your car a new lease of life, but I know an oil change can do wonders.

Reminds me that I should change the oil in my car soon, it's getting pretty dark.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Oi! My m52 sounds awesome lol! Anyway nice to see someone happy :) I'd guess throttle reset too and maybe voice fresh air filter has it breathing easier!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts