BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

Need help with my DAB radio!

Tags
dab
1K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  Sean_Wykes 
#1 ·
I hope someone here can help me! So I have a 2013 320D and today I bought the Voyage 9" DVD player and monitor so my kids can watch films in the back on the long journeys. It's powered by being plugged into the cigarette lighter. They work lovely but the big issue I am having is as soon as I plug in and turn on the 2 monitors, my DAB radio instantly loses signal... if I turn the monitors off it comes back straight away. Has anybody else experienced anything like this before and is there anyway I can resolve this without having to take them back to the shop?

If anyone can help me it would be greatly appreciated!

P.s. I have added a picture of the monitors I have bought.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

See less See more
#2 ·
Hi,

I have this problem but with my dashcam plugged in- They are apparently notorious for causing problems with DAB and I have been told by the dealer that anything plugged into the 12V socket apart from chargers can cause issues with DAB.

I've tried to use the DAB without the dashcam plugged in and the signal is a lot better and doesnt cut out like it does with the dashcam plugged in.

Hope this helps :)

#3 ·
I contacted the manufacturer and they said they have never had the problem with the DVD player and monitor before usually just their dashcams. They are sending me something to add onto the power cable which should stop it killing my DAB lol. Fingers crossed!

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

#6 ·
I'm glad I found this thread as I've only had my 320d 2012 for a few days and unfortunately I keep losing signal on the DAB! I have a dash cam plugged in and also my mobile phone connected via the Bluetooth... Any suggestions please? Thanks

Sent from my BLA-L09 using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.