BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, i need help with my searching of a fault. My central locking from the remotes has stopped working so im trying to find the problem. When they worked i had to hold the key fob really close to the rear wing where the antenna is located for it to open or lock the car but now it wont open or lock at all. I can lock the car with the physical key inside the remote so the centrol locking isnt the problem itself. I have the recahrable keys. So now to where im stuck. Ive looked at the diveristy module and it looks brand new, no indication of water of mositure. ive mesured the cables on the right side of the module (looking towards the front of the car) and is getting power from all cables exept one, 3rd from the top. I decided to unplugg the unit and plug it back in again and tada it now decided to work but only for a few minutes, under the minutes it worked i could now lock and open the car from the remotes, but then when it stopped working again and i got 0 Volt from every cable on the right side, its like the car cutted power to the unit. Am i suffering from a broken cable? But then again it shouldent have started working just like that? I have checked the fuses 56,57 and ther are fine. Or am i looking at a faulty diversity module that needs to be replaced?

Somone pelase help me.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
When you hold the unlock button does the windows open? Maybe batteries?
Yes if i disconnect and reconnect the diversity unit evertying works for a moment that including holding the unlock button will roll down the windows adn viseversa with holdning lock button. BUT i have to hold the keys right to the unit, there is no range

·
Registered
342 Posts
Well I'm not completely sure. The fob sends the signals to open the car so battery might help with the range but the shutting off may be something else

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well I'm not completely sure. The fob sends the signals to open the car so battery might help with the range but the shutting off may be something else
Maybe the condensator on the circuit board that is bad? What do you think about this?

·
Registered
342 Posts
A New battery is the cheapest and easiest possible solution so I would start there.

I'm guessing when your car is locked and it stops working the alarm is still set on or flashing red?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
A New battery is the cheapest and easiest possible solution so I would start there.

I'm guessing when your car is locked and it stops working the alarm is still set on or flashing red?
Yes, the alarm is till on when the keys stops working. Im going to buy a new diveristy antenna, assuming there are no broken cables due to it working a short moment. Are there any differences between the white and black diversity unit?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Before buying a diversity module check wiring as that is usually the main problem. I have a e91 and the wiring on rear drivers side needed repair as 2 wires where cut off. Hope it helps

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Before buying a diversity module check wiring as that is usually the main problem. I have a e91 and the wiring on rear drivers side needed repair as 2 wires where cut off. Hope it helps

Hi, yea i want to but due to the fact that it works in a moment and then stop it seems weird that cables are broken, but if this new antenna isnt working im going to open up the rubber thats protecting the wires and search for a faulty one.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi, yea i want to but due to the fact that it works in a moment and then stop it seems weird that cables are broken, but if this new antenna isnt working im going to open up the rubber thats protecting the wires and search for a faulty one.
It works and it stops as wire may not be compleatly cut off. The way you can find out is try moving about the rubber and see if signal gets better or worse, if it does its 100% the wires. I checked the passanger left side rear first but the cutted wire was on the right side on the y shape junction top right. Hope it helps you

·
Registered
111 Posts
Hi, did you fix this? asking as I have a spare DA somewhere, your welcome to try it if its the same id number.
j

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hi, did you fix this? asking as I have a spare DA somewhere, your welcome to try it if its the same id number.
j
Hi, thanks for the follow up, i did not fix it, i ended up selling the car and buying a 5 series :). Thanks anyway

·
Registered
111 Posts
No problem, had the same issue on a 3.0 3 series vert. bought a new DA, although it turned out to be the interior mirror which houses the remote antenna on the vert so the DA is lying around somewhere. Good luck with the 5.
J

1 - 15 of 15 Posts