BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I desperatly need help! Found my driver side door lock busted this morning but luckely the scumbags didnt get in!
Anybody know of good tricks of making my car harder to steal?
Please help, PM me if you have any info.

·
Registered
2,255 Posts

This is what all our cars are secured with, I have been using this regardless of what ever security the cars are fitted with from the factory for that past 12 years since I started driving.

A car crime programme on TV (linked to those TV based cop shows) got a theif to break into cars with numerous devices fitted and with the disclock, they could not get it off. They also busted the streering so the car would have been undriveable anyway.

About £55/60 @ Halfords.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks, will bear in mind the ht leads and defo gettn the steering lock:thumbsup
but does anyone know on how good is the EWS? my car is 1995 e36.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Super glue razor blades under the door handle.............. or wire it up using an extension lead.

Or take of the HT leads, buy a Dis-Car-Nect or other form of immobiliser, and fit lots of sirens etc.

Have a look for one of the alarms that has a pager with it, that'll warn you if your car senses movement...

ATB,
Tom

·
Bimmerforums Central
8,030 Posts

This is what all our cars are secured with, I have been using this regardless of what ever security the cars are fitted with from the factory for that past 12 years since I started driving.

A car crime programme on TV (linked to those TV based cop shows) got a theif to break into cars with numerous devices fitted and with the disclock, they could not get it off. They also busted the streering so the car would have been undriveable anyway.

About £55/60 @ Halfords.
They are a good lock but sooooooo heavy and bulky!!!

We put one on my ex'es Mini Cooper and she couldnt live with it after a week so it had to go back :hihi

Good deterrent if you dont mind the weight of a small oil tanker in the back.

Otherwise, I would say get a good car alarm fitted.

A thatcham cat 1 one, and plaster the windows with the stickers it comes with :)

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Get a good car alarm, de lock the car, use the fob to unlock the car and lock it, just leave the boot lock on there in case you need to get to the battery if it goes flat.
thanks, good foint about the de-lock, will look into it :thumbsup

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Just a thought, how about a garage? Can you rent one locally?;)

Best deterent I know, if they cannot see it they cannot steal it, and all that..
yes mate, i thought bout that but there isnt one near and i can afford it atm either :frown otherwise my pride and joy would never be left outside overnight

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
wat a bunch of b***ards!!! i decided that i want to buy a black mamba and keep it in my car!:thumbsup
shud do the same if you already have the garage rebuilt:rofl

·
Registered
753 Posts
Get a good car alarm, de lock the car, use the fob to unlock the car and lock it, just leave the boot lock on there in case you need to get to the battery if it goes flat.
My e30 is delocked its such a good deterant even i cant get into it when i need to jump it lol.

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
Markgixxer750...... thats awful! I feel for you!

As for the disclock, yes its heavy and doesn't go down well with the missus but ist definately a good bit of kit to use overnight at the very least. I have the older yellow ones and the modern silver ones with some padding inside, non have caused any damage/marking to any of the steering wheels on the cars I/we use them on.

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
1 - 20 of 28 Posts