BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2013 BMW estoril blue f30 330d
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My friend phoned and he was made aware that the n57 engines are getting recalled but the government website never stated what’s getting recalled. I’ve decided to pop into our nearest dealership to talk it about and they said it’s for our EGR valves this time

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
As I remembered when the last time the car was recalled they replaced the cooler and the EGR valve but they will phone and let me know on what’s the next plan of action will be. I will keep you guys upto date

Product Font Screenshot Parallel Rectangle

·
Registered
2 Posts
I bought a 335D saturday but not taken delivery yet. The dealer didn't know about the recall until I pointed it out yesterday. They are finding out details today and will advise. If I find anything out I will post here. Has anyone else heard any details about what the recall is about?

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I bought a 335D saturday but not taken delivery yet. The dealer didn't know about the recall until I pointed it out yesterday. They are finding out details today and will advise. If I find anything out I will post here. Has anyone else heard any details about what the recall is about?
From what people is posting up and rumour has it that it looks like EGR cooler and valve again, which it was done about on the last recall 3 years ago. Apparently it was still causing problems and they’re rectifying it. But we shall see when the time comes

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Wonder if the n47 will also get recalled at some point as it’s same set up and I am fairly sure they suffered similar faults aswell. Not sure if they were part of initial recall a few years back though
Worth a check on the gov website. Some of the n47 is getting a recall as well as I’m aware of

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Rang bmw today and there is a recall again. My egr cooler was changed first time round and this time they are doing the cooler and egr valve. It’s booked in for 4th August.
cheers
Jim
I’m booked in on Wednesday morning to get it sorted next week. Hopefully it’ll be a better system from BMW

·
Registered
4,993 Posts
both my cars are booked in,this monday and monday after,,,my 640d will be 3rd egr cooler,,im sure its just this getting changed,and not the egr valve.will try and find out on monday,and post reply

·
Registered
4,993 Posts
When I rang up they checked the recall notice and confirmed it was both parts. Time will tell.
cheers
jim
only egr cooler replaced on mine,,also said this part is revised,as i asked about it ,and they said this part is a high temp replacement,,dont know what that meant really,as the temps are high in the system,maybe this keeps them cooler when up to temp,my 640d is iin on 25th july,,they give a glowing report on my f31 330d x drive,,,saying no leaks what so ever.brakes great/suspension/brakes etc etc,usually you get ..this needs replaced that needs replaced,,never even said windscreen wipers need replaced ha ha,they usually do,lady was amazed when i said car was a cat s and what i paid for it,,will post when 640d is done..

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
My car is now in to get the part(s) replaced. I will see if it’s just the EGR cooler they going to replace on mine as I’ve also had a phone call back when enquired about the recall the previous day saying it’s the cooler and valve to be replaced

·
Registered
4,993 Posts
It was just the cooler that got replaced
yup,thats what they said to me,but yesterday i had a look,and to me its also got a new egr,it has a new looking sticker (bmw) on it,i cannot remember if this was there before,also the new cooler looks larger,ie the oblong tank part,,might be wrong like,.will have a better look today,i will also look at my egr on my 640d before it goed in on monday,,maybe mark it with some marker pen,see if it gets changed..

·
Registered
4,993 Posts
yup,thats what they said to me,but yesterday i had a look,and to me its also got a new egr,it has a new looking sticker (bmw) on it,i cannot remember if this was there before,also the new cooler looks larger,ie the oblong tank part,,might be wrong like,.will have a better look today,i will also look at my egr on my 640d before it goed in on monday,,maybe mark it with some marker pen,see if it gets changed..
well,just got car back,and i can confirm it has also an egr valve,i marked the old one with a cross(marker pen) also the new one has brand new stickers on it..

·
Registered
998 Posts
I rang bmw today and they said just the cooler but got the impression the person I was talking too had no clue. pleased it looks like a valve as well.
cheers
Jim

1 - 20 of 27 Posts