BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

so I realized that my valve cover is leaking so I got to the point where I can move it,

I removed fuel lines, fuel rail, a bracket with harness held by 2 aluminum blue top bolts and the strut tower.

Now when I attempt to lift out the valve cover I got injectors on my way, the harnesses on the top are a little bit on my

way though in this situation the injectors are the main problem, their top parts are blocking me to remove the valve cover

having the harness on top. Here is my issue, I understand each of the injectors has a teflon seal on the bottom it suppose

to be replaced every single time or you would be risking something called "torch effect" as far as I heard.

I got the steel cap covers that these seals been secured with, and so I'm thinking about removing them putting those steel

caps on top and then removing the valve cover. The BMW manual kind a says to do so, although none of the people I

watched videos from have done it. Are you aware of when you/somebody has done the valve cover have they removed

the injectors? please advice

Here is the BMW manual https://www.newtis.info/tisv2/a/en/...1-engine/11-12-cylinder-head-with-lid/OoyW6YD

·
Registered
868 Posts
Surprised to learn you need to remove the injectors in order to get the valve cover off. Have you checked the many videos on this on YouTube? If you have the end caps and apply them as soon as you remove the injectors, and leave them in pace until you re-fit, I think you should be OK.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for your response. Yeah, I watched those videos and most of them are N54 or 328i and it seems to me they got just a bit

more harness manouver than me on N53. In all honesty I put those caps in the fridge to tighten them up : )

Kind regards

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi about to take this job on, any pics or tips? Cant understand your injector problem, can you explain please?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts