BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
One things for sure is that turbo is kaput,there should not be that amount of movement. If you can move by hand when it’s working it will be touching the housing. I would bet if compressor housing was removed there will be marks inside on fins and housing.

before suspecting high crankcase pressure is it possible the rear main has just failed or been damaged when fitting? Also having some oil inside the boost pipework is quite normal it just depends how much is in there?

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
So long as the oil pipes are ok I would say it’s just one of them things. I did an x3 timing chain amongst other things a few months back and found turbo to be exactly the same as that checked oil pipes and they were fine so just threw a CHRA at it and it’s been fine since

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
It’s not too bad to do like you say injectors and fuel rail off and a bit of wiring. And yes definitely change the copper washers on injectors when refitting and torque bolts to spec.

suppose for peace of mind you could change the cover because if it is at fault you could blow another rear main. Is there any way to test the breather system on the latest version? On older stuff you could but not sure about the cyclone types.

will you be doing the job yourself or will you be getting a

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.