BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've recently changed engines in my 2004 Bmw 318 n46 to a m54b25 the engine change itself was straight forward as I've done a few conversions with no trouble.
The problem I have is the wiring loom that comes out of the car doesn't fit in the m54 dme, I've searched loads of diagrams autodata etc found the components and linked them up but still no fuel pump etc working, has anyone don't this conversion before that can guild me in the right direction please

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi thanks for your reply I've used all the engine bay wiring loom from an m54 but the car I'm doing the conversion on is a convertible and the donar car was a coupe so the interior looms would be different, the only other option I would have is to source a convertible interior loom and try to see if that would sort the problem out

·
Registered
2 Posts
i got a problem with this, X60004 pin 26 is not connected to anything, once connected to + the engine will buzz but there is no fuel pump, there are about 5 other wires not connected fro the ECU side

·
Registered
7 Posts
i got a problem with this, X60004 pin 26 is not connected to anything, once connected to + the engine will buzz but there is no fuel pump, there are about 5 other wires not connected fro the ECU side
Pin 26 goes to fuse 29

·
Forum Chatbot
3,297 Posts
I am surprised someone would attempt a big job like this and not have a clearly labelled instruction set first. There is a cool TV show called Chop Shop or something like that, they put an engine from a Subaru Imprezza into a VW Golf.. That became one very powerful Golf..

My favourite part of the show is 1minute 50 seconds in when one of the chop shop owners discovers the donor engine can from a write-off.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Just recently finished my 318 n46 to m54 straight six conversion with a lot of help from gixer_1 he's a very knowledgeable and genuine guy can not thank him enough for all the help he has given me as well as sharing his knowledge with me car fired straight up cheers anyone who wants any info I definitely recommend you listen to gixer_1

1 - 20 of 27 Posts