BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

N43 320i Fuel Consumption

5K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  AndyVR 
#1 ·
I'm having some problems with fuel consumption on my 320i. I'm only getting 23-26mpg on a mix of driving. I used to achieve and average of around 30-33mpg.

There are no codes stored in the ecu and the generally car drives fine.

Seems to me like it could be a sensor problem? I've swapped the MAF for a spare one and its made no difference.

Any other sensors that could cause a drop in mpg?

Only other symptoms are an occasional long crank and a slight 'bunny hop' feeling when lightly reapplying the gas at around 40mph.

Thanks in advance for any help

#2 ·
It looks to me like pointing towards lambada sensors ? If there are no codes towards these then it does seem strange. I know my 320i went from 34mpg down to high 20’s and the EML came on with bank 1 sensor 1 on the reader. I Replaced it and went back up to 34 literally instantly within 10-15 miles.

#3 ·
Hi sorry for my late reply I've been snowed under at work last few days.

Sounds like a possibility. Does anyone kow if there is anyway to test how the lambda sensors are performing?

I have the Carly app and INPA, I'm just not sure what values the sensors should be reading.

Thank you ?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.