BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, last night I just bought my first BMW :thumbsup :cool
Just wanted to come on and say hello to everyone! :thumbsup

Have to say the car is comfortable indeed - it's only a 1.7TDS - my first diesel car, perfect as a temporary car for running around. This has changed though as I'm really enjoying the car - so smooth and comfortable to drive - economical - spacious - the list goes on....! (don't need to tell You guys) :silly

The car has only 70k on it (low for a '96 I thought) - know the guy I bought it off for YEARS! So it was a confident purchase, and he owned it close to 5years and really didn't want to part with it! He has decided though to move on and maybe go for a 325TDS or even 530D - something bigger!

Anyhow I'm babbling on here - I'm like a little kid at christmas now :D buzzing over my new car... I'm going to post a few pics here I took last night before the previous owner cleaned out his belongings - these are a kind of "blank canvas" - before I give it an extremely thorough cleaning out and add my own touches! (NOTE: Drivers side door card was off at the time the prev.owner had just got a fault with the electric window fixed and hadn't gotten round to putting it back on - I did though - so it's all better now :hihi)

There is a few wee niggly things with the car I plan to fix so I would like to ask all You guys for some of your expert advice (pretty please :)) when I get around to sorting them out?

Anyway! Just saying hello and I'm away to get the hoover n my bags of cleaning products out for "Bessie" my new pride and joy! :D

Take Care all! :thumbsup
~Keith - Northern Ireland

·
Registered
884 Posts
Welcome to bimmerforums and to bmw ownership Keith.

Sounds like you are pleased with your purchase.......and im sure that those niggly bit will be sorted soon with help off us guys on here.......

Amos :thumbsup

·
Registered
28 Posts
Good to see a another Northern Irish fellow on here...nice e36 good luck with it! I'm still buzzing over mine and i got it 5 weeks ago :D

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cheers guys! Checked out all your cars.... N I C E :D

Just finished giving a few things a fresh greasing up and gave it a quick hoover n wipe round... wait until I get into work next week for a full on valet :D then I'll put some proper pics up!

Found a few oily bits around the engine :( Got a few quid coming my way though so will have it straight down to the mechanics for a health check etc.

Thanks guys for the warm welcome - appreciated! :D

·
Registered
165 Posts
Welcome !
Nice colour yours, and same seats as me ;)

·
Registered
95 Posts
Welcome. Unusual to find the smaller diesel engine with such low miles, I know because I once had a look around for one a couple of years back. You've found a nice one & should keep a hold of it for a while.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Low Mileage Genuine?

Welcome. Unusual to find the smaller diesel engine with such low miles, I know because I once had a look around for one a couple of years back. You've found a nice one & should keep a hold of it for a while.
I hope so mate! I plan to keep hold of it! See what I've noticed though... my steering wheel looks a little too worn in my opinion for a 72k car? I added some pics - little worried now - anyone any advice on how I could check or try n suss out if my car has had the clocks put back? I dont have a service book or anything with the car! :(

What You guys think?

~K

PS: Still love the car anyway :D

·
Registered
95 Posts
Run an HPI check or similar reputable check from the AA or RAC etc. They should give you all the details for a fee (shouldn't cost any more than £30) & any mileage discrepancies if there are any on the national mileage database register.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts