BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Visibility out of the car I would class as "OK". It is nowhere near as good as the E46, but I think that car is exceptional. The 6 feels a bit more "audi-like" - the windows feel a bit higher and you feel much more like you're sat "in" the car.

The car is physically very large - 350mm longer, 100mm wider although it feels much wider than that! Fortunately, I believe ALL sixes came with front and rear parking sensors, auto-tilting wing mirror and electric wing mirrors as standard. This does help massively.

You also get a display on the screen showing you what bit of the car is near to something, very handy I find although like all parking aids needs user interpretation.

There are a couple of car parks I have had problems with, not for the parking, but getting out. There's a couple of old car parks in Colchester which have ridiculously narrow exits on 90 degree bends with silly 200mm high concrete dividers that you can't see and can't go over.

Generally though, it is fine - you just need confidence as you cannot see that bonnet when driving (a shame really).

·
Registered
54 Posts
Will be interested to see the spoiler when it arrives. I agree the back end is lacking in something and have been looking round ebay myself.

Cheers

Mike

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
This is what I bought, cost me about £150 on eBay.

Haven't had it painted or fitted yet, but here is it sat on the car. Looks good quality and sits nicely.

WP_20140318_001.jpg
WP_20140318_002.jpg

·
Registered
4,302 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #26

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
It is at the bodyshop now, pictures to follow later in the week or next week

·
Registered
18 Posts
The car is physically very large - 350mm longer, 100mm wider although it feels much wider than that! Fortunately, I believe ALL sixes came with front and rear parking sensors, auto-tilting wing mirror and electric wing mirrors as standard. This does help massively.

You also get a display on the screen showing you what bit of the car is near to something, very handy I find although like all parking aids needs user interpretation.

There are a couple of car parks I have had problems with, not for the parking, but getting out. There's a couple of old car parks in Colchester which have ridiculously narrow exits on 90 degree bends with silly 200mm high concrete dividers that you can't see and can't go over.
Owning e46 Coupe at the moment I'm also thinking of 6th series as my next car, and physical size is my biggest concern at the moment, especially passing through some ridiculously narrow wide barriers and going into some of the parkings. Scratching alloys is my biggest fear :)

·
Registered
887 Posts
I dunno why this has hit the top of my tapatalk but what a lovely spec car. And I see it is nearly two years later....what did I miss?!

21 - 31 of 31 Posts