BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

501 - 515 of 515 Posts

·
Bfuk Legend
5,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #501 (Edited)
You got Shakey fixed as a backup though RJB.?
No mate, rear subframe bushes are shot and it looks like one off the front wheels is bent, but i,ll drive it if i cant get the tiv running

Let me know how you get on Raffa, depending on the size required I might be able to knock you an adaptor up to suit a more common thread size? or have you tried ebay we buy all sorts of oddball threaded items from there :thumbsup
Cheers Simon, i got one mate thanks, but £22.00 for one fitting and hopefully it should be here tomorrow

fingers crossed fella... great work so far mate :)
Cheers Gus

Fingers crossed Ralph. Will be nice to see trevor....:thumbsup
yeah Steve, i wont have time to sort the wiring out but be nice to give it a run out, lets see mate, fingers crossed

·
Bfuk Legend
5,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #503
Hope you get it sorted mate, the petrol powered plastic firehazzard sounds a hell of a lot safer than shakey! :eek
There's not alot to choose between the 2 really, i just need to ensure when i fit the fuel hose's on the tiv they dont leak:thumbsup and shakey needs the rear sub frame drop and some powerflex bushes installed, not a bad job about 2 hours to complete, but i dont have the time this weekend mate

·
Bfuk Legend
5,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #505
Easy mate...just read all that...NOT!!!!!

easier on the phone lol
Yeah i missed your call sorry, ring you later Nicky

Right guys the car is finished and ready to go, but the cnut that order my fuel pump has let me down, so all my hard work today has just been pissed up the wall, am gonna try a couple of places in the morning but these pumps are pretty much an on line buy, am really pissed off, spent hours working on it to get it ready for northampton, o well you never know someone may have one.

·
Bfuk Legend
5,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #507
good to see you got it finished if you got fuel pump done mate you would have to find garage with petrol:hihisee you sunday mate:thumbsup
bill:thumbsup
That could be another problem Bill, as both cars have little or no fuel, guy at the shell petrol station said he is getting a delivery tonight, so hopefully i can get some tomorrow, as all over petrol stations where i live are closed:jaw-dropping

·
Bfuk Legend
5,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #510
So which car did you take to the meet chap?
Hi Ben
As seb has kindly posted, shakey, which is proper fooked after 220 miles lol, rear sub frame and wheel bearing are shot and a mate is looking at fixing them this week hopefully and the goods news is the fuel pump for Trevor should be here tomorrow:hyper so hopefully i,ll be out in him at the weekend:cool:cool

·
Registered
567 Posts
Hi Ben
As seb has kindly posted, shakey, which is proper fooked after 220 miles lol, rear sub frame and wheel bearing are shot and a mate is looking at fixing them this week hopefully and the goods news is the fuel pump for Trevor should be here tomorrow:hyper so hopefully i,ll be out in him at the weekend:cool:cool
Hi Raffa, thats hopefully some good news then, fingers crossed for you mate, and Trevor should sound feckin awsome now:D

·
Bfuk Legend
5,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #513

·
Registered
654 Posts
I know what your going through mate, the works Astra has both front wheel bearings destroyed and the noise at 40mph is unbelievable, can't hear the engine at all and forget the radio!

Will be lush to finally get out in the TVR this weekend(its a long one too :D ), providing the weather is fine!
Did you manage to get a discount on the pump since they fooked you about?

·
Bfuk Legend
5,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #515
I know what your going through mate, the works Astra has both front wheel bearings destroyed and the noise at 40mph is unbelievable, can't hear the engine at all and forget the radio!

Will be lush to finally get out in the TVR this weekend(its a long one too :D ), providing the weather is fine!
Did you manage to get a discount on the pump since they fooked you about?
Hi Ben
No mate he any received the pump, i think the web site was bad as paypal gave him his money back, still pump is here, sun is shinning and its time for some V8 power lol

501 - 515 of 515 Posts