BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 20 of 515 Posts

·
Bfuk Legend
5,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys
Well a few have shown an interest in the car so i thought i would start a project thread and as some my know the car is a non runner at the moment , so until i get her running it will just be the basic stuff, but the good stuff, ie cams etc will come later down the road, as you can see its not in bad nick for a 22year old car and has only covered 51,000 miles which i have all the paperwork to prove, so here's a few pictures and i,ll post some better ones when the weather is fine, check out my parts already on the back shelve and the ECU:jaw-dropping boy they did not make them small in them days :rofl:rofl and the engine is a rover v8 3.5 unit tuned by TVR to 190bhp which am sure i can improve on:cool:cool

Car has just had a top end re-build, new clutch, new fuel pump, a number of bushes changed and brakes just sorted, interior is in great shape for ones of these and just needs a good clean.

Thanks for looking

·
Registered
500 Posts
Yeah im undecided if i like it or not but the thread will be cool to follow no doubt Ralf.

Reactions: RJB328i

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Like your style Ralph and good luck with the project:thumbsup

Going to subscribe to this one once i finally find out how you actually do that..

Im looking forward to my mid life crisis as well now mate, just about there i think so bring it on!:D

·
Bfuk Legend
5,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Cheers for all the coments guys and steve many times:hihi:hihi:hihi

Well hopefully this weekend weather permitting, i,ll make a start replacing the starter motor, test the fuel pressure valve and sort out some off the wiring issues, i also need to remember how to time the engine as the guy has messes with the timing and left the cap lose, so if i remember its just a case of turning the dissy cap until she fires and then get the strobe light out and set, i think;);) am not sure if you guys want to see that stuff but i,ll post anyway and for you old school lads am sure i,ll need your help remembering a number of simple things to complete.

Thanks

·
Bfuk Legend
5,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
You'll be needing this mate.. TVR Car Club

And probably this..

Engine

And if all else fails...

Seriously though, good luck with it RJB, looking forward to the pics of her running...:thumbsup
Cheers Kevin
Am not joining the TVR club as they want £50, but am gonna use pistonheads as they have a free TVR forum and thanks for the web site, all helps, i did find a pdf for a complete check of the efi system just need to get my head around a volt meter and a load of diagrams lol

·
Registered
6,989 Posts
Cheers Kevin
Am not joining the TVR club as they want £50, but am gonna use pistonheads as they have a free TVR forum and thanks for the web site, all helps, i did find a pdf for a complete check of the efi system just need to get my head around a volt meter and a load of diagrams lol
£50.... :jaw-dropping. I suppose flat caps and pipes ain't as cheap as they used to be RJB... Looking forward to hearing that engine purr, I once had a discovery with the v8 in it - scary but awesome sounding...

·
Platinum BFuk Member
951 Posts
They are easy to time up Ralph and if you get stuck give me a shout. You'll need a tool to turn the drive inside the block- it looks like a half inch extension bar with a notch out of it and the one I got recently to do my brothers Rover V8 Dax Rush was about £10

·
Bfuk Legend
5,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
£50.... :jaw-dropping. I suppose flat caps and pipes ain't as cheap as they used to be RJB... Looking forward to hearing that engine purr, I once had a discovery with the v8 in it - scary but awesome sounding...
And you reacon my Tvr is bad:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl what did you discover, that it was a pile of sh*t:hihi:hihi:hihi:hihi

·
Bfuk Legend
5,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
They are easy to time up Ralph and if you get stuck give me a shout. You'll need a tool to turn the drive inside the block- it looks like a half inch extension bar with a notch out of it and the one I got recently to do my brothers Rover V8 Dax Rush was about £10
The dissy is still in place and not been removed so its just the case of cranking and moving i hope, but i,ll take you up on that and many thanks Gringog60:thumbsup:thumbsup

·
Platinum BFuk Member
951 Posts
The dissy is still in place and not been removed so its just the case of cranking and moving i hope, but i,ll take you up on that and many thanks Gringog60:thumbsup:thumbsup
Oh ok cool- I saw the pic with the dizzy in the boot next to the starter motor and thought it had been removed. In that case as you say its a case of twisting it. Get yourself a timing gun- even the cheap ones do the job and then find your TDC mark on the crank pulley and time the old girl up twisting it until the light hits the timing mark, take it for a drive and see how it goes.

·
Bfuk Legend
5,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Oh ok cool- I saw the pic with the dizzy in the boot next to the starter motor and thought it had been removed. In that case as you say its a case of twisting it. Get yourself a timing gun- even the cheap ones do the job and then find your TDC mark on the crank pulley and time the old girl up twisting it until the light hits the timing mark, take it for a drive and see how it goes.
Yeah here's hoping, but the car did have a over fueling issue which looking at some Pdf's appears to be the fuel pressure valve leaking, but i,ll test that at the weekend and thanks for you help:thumbsup:thumbsup

·
Platinum BFuk Member
1,229 Posts
Yeah here's hoping, but the car did have a over fueling issue which looking at some Pdf's appears to be the fuel pressure valve leaking, but i,ll test that at the weekend and thanks for you help:thumbsup:thumbsup
Ive got a basic fuel pressure testing kit if ya need to borrow it?

1 - 20 of 515 Posts