BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Platinum BFuk Member
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is the 1st couple of bits to go in to tide me over till i get the rest done.
1st up is a 5 farad power cap .
Next is a 5 channel DLS amp . This at the moment is running front doors and
6x9 infinity`s in the rear . I have also hooked the Rockford fosgate T2 subs up to the spare channel for a little bass in the car but they subs would normally be run from 2 seperate 1100w kenwood amps but for the time being it has to do. Once i have the other 2 amps in there i can box that whole section of boot of and acees it via the drop down panels in the back seats .

·
Platinum BFuk Member
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I am looking this year for a nice upgrade for my front speakers so i will be taking ideas on that one and i think i may look at cutting proper holes for 6x9`s on that rear shelf . Done it on a mini once years ago with minimal tools so im sure i can do it again . The whole car will be dynamatted except the roof .

·
Platinum BFuk Member
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This was the set up when it was in my Gti6 Used to make the car shake . Although i think a fibreglass install this time is on the cards. I think i have seen enough episodes of rides and pimp my ride etc to be able to pull all my skills together.

·
Banned
344 Posts
DLS Amp, very nice bit of kit there mate!]

i had ALOT of that stuff once and never went wrong but one quetion are you using a pioneer head unit?

stu

·
Platinum BFuk Member
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nah mate kenwood all the way . I have been temted to move to clarion a couple of times but cant bring myself to do it . Lol .
I recently had the kenwood 25 anniversary dvd player when new cost me £1500 and for ages was the best head unit available . Then last year when strapped for cash i sold it and downgraded the head unit but kept all the amps and stuff . Although i miss the dvd player i find that independant cd players are far better on quality . I had one a couple of years back which had the 24bit burr brown processor in it . Was gutted when i got rid of that one.

·
Registered
710 Posts
Sounds like an interesting install. Will be keeping my eyes on it, not quite my cup of tea but still interesting.

On a side note: Shouldn't this be in the Members Projects area? Forgive me if Im wrong, ha

·
Registered
788 Posts
let me stop you before you start cutting away , please dont get 6x9,s they look the part but thats it the quality isnt there at all buy component speakers you will never look at a 6x9 again apart from that good luck hope it all comes together for you

·
Platinum BFuk Member
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Youre right kev . I had that amp running DLS components in the front of the last car but i have busted one of the tweeters so a whole new speaker upgrade will be on the cards this year too. Sooner rather than later hopefully. For the time being as i own them already they have to do . I like a lot of bass so nice deep sounding speakers are a must .
Anyone with any recomendations then fire away . :thumbsup

·
Registered
788 Posts
it all depends on your funds and how much you want to spend really i have 4 spl dynamics in my car and the roof decides to change shape very often my throat hurts and my nose tickles i have these because it was what i could afford at the time even though i really wanted jl audio or orion speakers so in my experience name is just a name and the proof is in the pounding

1 - 9 of 9 Posts