BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My E93 comes to the end of it's term in September so I have to make some decisions soon as to what next or keep.
I have an incredible itch for an M3. I tried a Convertible demo back when they had just launched and the dealer wanted to deal at £43k. I could not justify that amount then, just as I can't now, bearing in mind I cannot spend more than my company car opt out and resultant tax save allows for fear of kicking from wifey.
So, one plan is to let the 335i go back, run the wife's Golf for 6 months to pocket the cash and put towards an M3.
Trouble is, even an 18 month old Convertible fetches that same £43k now as it did when the market was on its arse all those months ago. My local dealer has a '57 Coupe in at £37k and the salesman openly admitted the same car was sold at below £30k 18 months ago.
335i will have 60k miles on it come September and I don't want it turning into a money pit, so lord knows what to do......

·
Registered
877 Posts
Second hand prices have been creeping up across the whole scale as people realise it makes more sense to keep their current car on the road than buy a new one. I think once the economy settles down a bit we should see a general drop in prices again. Well hope so anyway, i also want a M3 but maybe a 56/07 plate :thumbsup

1 - 3 of 3 Posts