BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Doing some searches about the drains from the Panoramic sunroof .But not found a really good guide . Could it be from around Lights ?

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OK...I hate dark nights when I want to "have a look " at something !

This is what I found .The 2 drain pipes on mine did not have any fitting on the end .Just a rubber grommet and a small locator nipple to keep it in place . I blew it all out and it felt dry .

so........I then felt around the "Felt material " and tried to locate the wettest point . This is when i noticed the 2 x bolts holding the rear plastic cover that has the interior light and the load cover bracket .Both bolts rusty . Removed them and found a large loom running up towards to roof where the hinge for the hatch is etc .Is not a covered loom .so you can see lots of thin cables etc . This is wet and some of the connections are a bit rusty (Will clean off this weekend) . Also I noticed the rear head lining at the very back between what looks like speakers grills has ting amount of "Black mold" etc . SO I believe the leak is "High up " . But have called it quits for tonight !!

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
OK...Today I checked out a few possibilities .I removed the rear left speaker and sure as hell there is a LOT of condensation on the roof panel. I have a Bosch probe camera and I plan to use it over the weekend and also "zone" water over areas to see any ingress etc . I also need to find out where the REAR sunroof drain holes are ! and also to ensure the rubber long guides along the side rail are in the correct positions etc .

1 - 6 of 6 Posts