BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So ive been a member for about a month now and i thought its time to get a project thread up and running.

Im planning to carry out the work over the next year and hopefully it will be tip top for a national meet next year.

Ive planned to do as follows-

3M carbon wrap interior trims-done
audio upgrade inc double din retrofit headunit with freeview
lower by 35-40mm
respray
alloys refurb
ccfl's angle eyes
scorpion cat back system
Front centre armrest

i was planning to get all the audio finished at the end of next month but due to essentials its all came to a grinding hault first the front anti roll bar bushes disks and pads i recently done and now im thinking the rears need doing, on top of this i have a problem with the prop coupling or along those lines i havent pinpointed the problem yet, and just realised today when i had my allignment done when up on the lift i have a leaky powersteering pump and gearbox and the mot is due in may so it all needs doing.

I will get some pics up soon as we all like pics and hopefully you will all see changes as i go from start to finish so keep an eye on it.

Thanks for looking and enjoy:thumbsup

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
went to leeds castle today as the missus wanted to go and i need to keep her happy to go 8 ball lol i killed two birds with one stone as she got some good shots of the car so here are the promised pictures ENJOY :thumbsup:thumbsup

also managed to get a shot of my dads new 325se :hissyfit

oh nearly forgot my dads new saloon and hopefully upcoming member

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So just a little verbal update
the car went in for repair on the 9th of april to sort out the gearbox leak and prop went to collect sunday morning (i was thinking that was quick) to my supprise they hadnt done it these were their "words we cant find the leak and you might aswell put up with the thud off the prop".
Hang on a miniute im sure i was paying them their wage to find the leak and talk about talking your self out of buisness.
Any way apart from that ive booked my car in for the arches to be flared by arch enemy at the beggining of next month, installed led's in the boot so i can see lol fitted alarm led's into the indicators and a few other bits il post pics asoon as i get my laptop working

·
Registered
83 Posts
really does look smart with the tinted windows

Reactions: jay21

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ive been quite busy with the car over the last week my arches were flared on Friday by Paul from archenemy like to thank him for such a good service.

ive sent the alloys off for a refurb so it was a bit of a guessing game but hes gave me roughly an extra 10mm so im confident they are going to fit under.

ordered my springs today going for a 40mm drop all round on gmax springs and also couldn't resist in buying an impact wrench for play time :hihi

also gave the car a well deserved and overdue wash and polish

:thumbsup:thumbsup:thumbsup

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
its been a bit of a mission to get the springs on with this crappy weather we've had still managed to do it but got soaked in the process.
found it difficult to get the clamps on the rear springs as there so small but managed to force them out lol the impact wrench than i bought came in very handy and was well worth what i payed for it
here are some pics

i started on the rears first as i thought they were going to be the easiest how wrong was i

i decided not to put the alloys back on till i get the front two back so running on standards for now.

for the fronts i just undone the track rods and calliper then dropped the whole leg out of the arch rather than splitting the ball joint me being lazy but it worked.

i didnt get too many pictures of the front as the heavens opened and all i wanted to do was get it finished and here are the results ignore the wheels as they are roughly the same overall size of the alloys.
BEFORE

AFTER

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
Nice work mate. Spring compressors aren't needed on the back! If you undo the bottom of the shock, take the handbrake off and the car out of gear, then push down on the rear with your size tens you can get the springs out by hand. :)

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i did try that but was'nt quite enough i did push down on the rear hub and pulled them out probly just me being a girl about it lol putting them back in was much easier and as you say i did'nt need the compressors it was a bit of a learning curve as ive never done a bm before but once you do one the rest is piece of p***

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yea they are the rears were the worst condition and needed welding i wanted the polished lip but they had problems on my dads which are the same so they wouldnt do it so ive gone for a brite sparkle silver all over also gaurnteed for a year so not all bad you cant realy notice the polished lip all that much so i went for the full dip i got a lil something in store for the alloys but il wait till its done before i spill the beans hehe.

thanks for the comments guys

1 - 19 of 19 Posts