BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys

been a member for a while now, and i have always kept my cars on a very hush level. but i think its about time i show everyone what i have had and got now.

story time..

my family have always been into cars, really were a japanese car family, but we all know a nice car when we see one no matter what the make, so growing up we have owned civic's to skyline gtr's and still do have some :)

my First bmw purchase was a 1996 e38 740i, which was a very nice car but i never got to drive it, i loved everything about it, and i still do have it, but its much more on the side lines and will be up for sale soon,

then after needing a cheap car to go about in i then brought only a few months later an e36 318i

late last year is when i have brought my latest car.. my passion.. my lovely 740iL.. heres a quick spec list..

its an L first of all, longer wheel base
M Sports Packaged (factory)
Xenons
satnav
electric everything..
3 Tv's
rear table
blinds for all rear windows
PS2 (bringing back the old school gaming)
12" audiobahn sub 1000watts rms and there are a few other small things..

enough talking about her, here are some pics:

after it gets dirty..

Cleaned :)

and one night time shot

some interior pics:

more pics to come :)

hope you all enjoy it, any comments welcomed :) thanks

·
Registered
282 Posts
:thumbsupi had a 730 like that about 5 years ago ....juicey but very PIMP!!!!:thumbsup

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks for the comments guys :)

yep, your right mark, thats my brother R33 GTR. and thanks for the comment about the house, the driveway has changed a lot since then,

the car is very juicey but the main reason i brought the car after all the cool stuff was its been LPG converted, im the second owner, the last guy who owned it had it done, and he seems to have been some big time business man, i got soo much paperwork with this car, full BMW service history.. the car has the lot.. so unbelieveably greatful to own this car, :)

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
haha thanks mate,

i really doubt i will sell this one for a long time.. but if i do then i will definatly drop you a pm mate. but theres just something about these cars that just make them timeless.. if taken care of, they never feel or look old.

if you really want a 7, then the green ones for sale, for very cheap, i'll pm you about that. :)

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yep its an E38 :)

thanks mate, i know its a project, but the car is near enough everything it should be, most of the work to be done to the car will take time but should make it a perfect cruiser (thats the plan)

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
thanks again, yeah my original intention was to get an e39, but when i kept searching i kept finding some nice e38's with a lot more things for a lot less money, so after i went and checked one out my mind changed completely, :)

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
thanks mate

finally finished uni today YAY :)
first year over, now i got a few things planned for the car.
custom made sub box
LED side lights
Full Service from BMW
full detail of the car
new tyres
maybe upgrade all the speakers and amp them up (not sure of that as the ones in the car now are great)

heres some pictures that i have been meaning to upload in a while,
a few pics of all the special things in the car :)

Tinted windows:

Rear sunblinds:

Rear center console:

Rear armrest control panel:

Front TV:

LPG system:

Crome work on doors:

Wood work in the car:

Alpine TV system:

Rear seat controls:

Real M-sport alloys:

Got some weird sensors under the front licence plate, anyone know what they are for?

some bonus pics :)

GTR is for sale if anyones interested :)

thanks for looking :)

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
You're at Uni and you have that?!? :eek
I don't think you can find an iL without all the toys so good choice :D
Who's is the Skyline? another uni student's? :hihi

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
thanks guys, yeah its a shame your selling your tim, i really like your car.. looks so agressive in a mature standard :)

and yeah mate, at uni, hate the work load but got to do it,
and its easy to find some of the stuff, but all of the stuff is hardish (not trying to brag, im always thankful to god that i have this car)
and the skyline is my brothers gtr :D

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
right guys, time for an update, as some might know already the car has been having some issues, and it requires a huge amount of work done to the car, so i thought its a great way to keep some entertained and the forum updated about whats going on with this car,

the problem:

now working on the solution, which in basic words requires me to take everything off the engine and start from there,

will keep the updates rolling but work will be slowish as i have so much on my plate, giving myself a max of 2 months to get the car back on the road perfectly as i need the time to earn the money to get the parts and tools, if anyone knows where i can rent bmw specific tools please let me know :)

thanks

1 - 20 of 26 Posts