BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
bought as a cheap runabout i've been trying not to spend money on it, but it has been treated to a few things. I got it for £370 & already had the exhaust, 19" AC Schnitzer replica's, lowered 70mm, cone filter & angel eye headlights. Since then i've fitted the M3 style mirrors, M3 rear diffuser, hid's & got most of the stereo fitted. I keep threatening to get an M3 front bumper for it

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
you might as well you have done the rest :hihi
and for the price you got it for that was a steal :eek
the front bumper scrapes on the drive already so might have to go coil-overs & raise it for the M3 bumper. It was a bargain, although i did have to spend £10 on work for the mot lol (2 bulbs & wiper blades lol)

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm sure I follow the guy who used to own this on Instagram hmm. Does it have quite high mileage?
a lad we call little Paul was the previous owner, the mileage is 150k not what i'd call that high. It'd been sat on my garden for 2 years but not sure how long he'd had it before that

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
a bargain but you might be advised to spend your money on maintenance not cosmetics.
i'm afraid i can't see that happening, my daily cars do just get used & abused. It hasn't happened to the Bimmer yet, but i've had gearboxes in the footwells & all sorts of my last one

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
looks like i haven't updated about the 5" components i've fitted to the front doors, really don't like the grills but the sound quality from them is very good. Also added 2 more subs today, not had chance to wind them up but early signs are theirs alot of bits vibrating in the car now

·
Registered
13 Posts
You shouldn't need 4 subs in a E36. 2 good ones with enough power should do the job nicely. That should rattle the hell out of the boot.
Personally hate the speakers in the doors. 6.5 fit in the kicks with work.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You shouldn't need 4 subs in a E36. 2 good ones with enough power should do the job nicely. That should rattle the hell out of the boot.
Personally hate the speakers in the doors. 6.5 fit in the kicks with work.
i like the air pressure & the 2 x 12's just weren't doing it, the 4 does create alot of rattles tho. As i said, the doors don't look very nice, but give a really good sound

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
£280 back from selling the 19's means i only paid £90 for the car, can't complain at that. I don't think it looks too bad on the 16's, but still haven't got an M3 bumper yet

·
Registered
99 Posts
nothing festive unless fitting angel eyes at some point soon counts haha. just thought it would be worth asking did you keep the cone filter you mentioned above?

·
Registered
158 Posts
I hear the engine revs well but not so good on the speed increase!!!!

If you get some good glue you could always put the fairy lights around the headlights as angel eyes then it would be good.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Are you going to source an oem intake? Cone ones aren't all they're cracked up to be. Cause heat soak and it'll feel a little down on power compared to one with an oem intake just saying it's worth looking in to

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Are you going to source an oem intake? Cone ones aren't all they're cracked up to be. Cause heat soak and it'll feel a little down on power compared to one with an oem intake just saying it's worth looking in to
no i'm more than happy with the cone, i've used them for many years & never had any trouble with heatsoak. Some cones are naff tho (K&N) & don't do the cone side any favours

·
Registered
99 Posts
no i'm more than happy with the cone, i've used them for many years & never had any trouble with heatsoak. Some cones are naff tho (K&N) & don't do the cone side any favours
fair enough all down to personal preference. car/thread looks interesting I'll have a look-in once in a while haha

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
so looks like i haven't updated the thread for a while. I've now got an M3 style front bumper, & the clutch has been done so no more slipping. With the fog lights not fitting the M3 bumper i had an idea, i'd got some spare 3" pipe & robbed the filter off the T-5 (the K&N already on the Messerschmitt was too big) & moved it too the opening. Had to move the horn from the hole but all turned out to be a very easy job. Should get plenty of nice cold air there

1 - 20 of 44 Posts