BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
41 - 50 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 · (Edited)
Well change of plan and ive phoned up and put the Mot on hold.

This cars not near ready. Theres still a few bits and pieces i can do myself thats covered in the Mot and i want to get it looking better as

Im not fit enough to get this in shape so quick but i wont let the grass grow under my feet with it tho now ive started:thumbsup

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 · (Edited)
Fair play. Just keep plodding on with the small things. Least you are patient....:thumbsup
Cheers Steve.

Ive still got an exhaust here from the downpipe back to fit as well ill do myself when the weathers good. Im going to order all the gaskets/ sleeves and hangers from the dealer, 70 quid even with the discount lol

Got the usual slow windows as well so ill sort that next week before the seize up totally and a couple of cosmetic changes so i see it improving to keep me going:thumbsup

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
Here we go Niall, see i HAVE been making time for the old e28 pal!:)

Well i ended up just cutting those towbar wires where they entered the boot and alls good with the electrics still. There was an extra piece of wiring with a fuse under the bonnet straight to the battery so looks like it was getting its power straight from there.

Been cleaning up underneath and all the suspension arms etc. Looked really bad but theyre better than i thought after the wire brush and wool. One of the Mot testers on here kindly looked at some pics and agrees they seem ok, its been off the road 7 years.

Heres some pics of the suspension, and a couple after id cleaned them up and got some Kurust on. Still to put my Tetraseal on tho. Not much to look at but its all part of what needs to be done:

Heres a couple on theyd been cleaned up and the Kurust on before painting. Surprised and chuffed theyre still ok:

Still got to stick on the exhaust ive got and replace all the discs and pads neared Mot time.

Ive got all the paint/ primer and more for some exterior changes i want to do next so i can see its look changing.

That will be the next update as from Mon the better halfs got me doing all the fencing for the house that needs replaced, not looking forward to that lol

Heres a wee non boring suspension pic as it is at the min, will look different in a couple of weeks:

Cheers for looking guys and im going to keep at it:thumbsup

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
Cheers for the comments guys:thumbsup

Andy i got the style 3s sold and after seeing your motor with the white wheels i know the e28 wouldve looked the biz if id stuck to my plan with them painted pearl white against the red paint and shadowline trim, wish id kept them lol

Mind you, thats paid for a good few things i need for my exterior changes and a couple of mothers day presents from the boys.

Wish i wasnt so skint! I know sometimes you have to do some things to a budget but with this e28 im def that man!!:lol

·
Registered
630 Posts
Great car watty!
Love the look of the head lights on E28's how the dip is larger than the mains, evil! :D
I'll be watching this bud!

Reactions: watty17
41 - 50 of 50 Posts